GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Having had my car now for 5 years ( twice as long as any other car I've ever owned ) and can't see me changing it for anything else soon I've booked it in with Iain to upgrade from current stage 4 to 4.5.
For those that have gone the same route, I was wondering what your impressions / experience was in terms of the differences, wrt to speed / driving characteristics / drivability / noise.
I was unsure whether to get the 1st gear circlip done but Iain's mentioned that as I don't track / drift or launch the car then there's no need to have it done.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm still std 2011 model at mo but going 4.25 in May, but I've been thinking of doing turbos aswell so I'd like to know people's view on stage 4.5 and stage 5.

Graham

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hi Max

I went from 4 to 4.5 with Ian as well,
It not a enormous jump but it is very noticeable,
The main diferance is from 100 ish awards,
Petrol usage is no change, the drivability is great, still a every day driver,,
Not the most in depth write up but I don't use the car everyday,
I'm going on the a Euro tour next week so I'll have a better idea when I'm back from there,
I would defo have it done again if in the same boat,

Goldie

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'm still std 2011 model at mo but going 4.25 in May, but I've been thinking of doing turbos aswell so I'd like to know people's view on stage 4.5 and stage 5.

Graham
Stage 5 is a bottom end rebuild, so.not a option in my books

Goldie

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
It doesn't come with upgraded internals but if it were me I would be upgrading them at the same time as the turbos. You probably wouldn't want to be running stage 5 power on a standard engine for long.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you talking Litchfield, then stage 5 is bigger turbos, FMIC etc. It doesn't change any of the internals.

The pricing for stage 5 is only for engine mods,
The rod upgrades are also priced but separate,
That BHP and torque , the engine needs upgraded rods minimum ,

Goldie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts