GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 2010 MY upgraded to Litchfield Stage 4 , including 90mm Milltek Race exhaust. Wow ... very impressed, everything from the easier to use eco to race mode, the variable boost, the smoother take off, and sound of the Milltek exhaust, the perfect town manners.... but my god this thing absolutely flies now.

Off to Sweden for a few days to the ice hotel, but can't wait to get back to play with the Car, just awesome !! Will get it dynoed over the next few weeks and let you know what it makes, was on a GTC Custom tune and Y-pipe before and very very quick, but definitely much more pick up and power now, feels easily the 620hp advertised .. we will see.

Great fun, everyone needs this in their lives !

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Omg another Litchfield post lol. Makes me super tempted now lol but unfortunately I have to wait few months more :(

I think someone should record a HD comparison of the stock exhaust sound on idle and WOT vs Milltek lol :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just had my 2010 MY upgraded to Litchfield Stage 4 , including 90mm Milltek Race exhaust. Wow ... very impressed, everything from the easier to use eco to race mode, the variable boost, the smoother take off, and sound of the Milltek exhaust, the perfect town manners.... but my god this thing absolutely flies now.

Off to Sweden for a few days to the ice hotel, but can't wait to get back to play with the Car, just awesome !! Will get it dynoed over the next few weeks and let you know what it makes, was on a GTC Custom tune and Y-pipe before and very very quick, but definitely much more pick up and power now, feels easily the 620hp advertised .. we will see.

excellent mate
I just had mine done on thursday last week stage 4 with 90mm gtc titan
pulls like a train I use it daily mind blowing performance
span the wheels in forth the other morn on way to work it makes you start the day with a huge smile on your face :chuckle:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must be quite a few of us stage 4 Litchfield boys now. :thumbsup:
Has anyone with a stage 4 recorded any performance figures yet?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Has anyone with a stage 4 recorded any performance figures yet?
I've got a vbox lite and am going to record some when the weather is better.

I did do it last week, but only +5c and moist road meant they were not really representative.

Failing that there is always the RAF Marnham run in about three weeks. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Omg another Litchfield post lol. Makes me super tempted now lol but unfortunately I have to wait few months more :(

I think someone should record a HD comparison of the stock exhaust sound on idle and WOT vs Milltek lol :D
Yep, and there will be another one soon !

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
What are the stage 4 ingredients?
Been thinking about this as well

The Stage 4 Power upgrade includes:

Litchfield 1,100cc Bosch Injectors
Litchfield Large Bore performance intake kit with larger MAF housing
Milltek Y-Pipe
Milltek rear exhaust system
Exhaust back pressure reduced by over 37%
Improved boost control with custom Ecutek code
Revised ignition control, Variable Valve timing and Fuel maps
Reduced fuel consumption (especially on partial throttle conditions)
Increase in both power and torque across the whole rev range
Litchfield RACEROM Switchable maps for enhanced Economy mode and full Race mode
Litchfield Custom Launch Control settings when used with Gearbox Software upgrade

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Im running stage 4. had a stock car for 4 weeks, then went to stage 2 for 2 weeks then stage4. totally worth it.

I think the car easily handles 620-630hp! and still keep its everyday usability. Would like to test drive a 750hp car.

You only get serious wheel spin when the tires are cold of if the weather is under 10*c.

with warms tires cannot complain - even a beginner level driver like myself can cope. (I'm yet to test its cornering limits not - hard to do this on normal roads).

I dont think there is any stage4 guys who regret doing it.... so you should all do it too. And tell Iain Verinder sent you!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
lol

I'm running stage 4 plus downpipes. Living in a very damp and wet Wales makes much more power impractical even in summer a slightly damp road and i'm spinning if I hit the happy pedal with any vigour.

+1 would like to try a 750 car just to see how usable it is, but I'd have to move house to the drought ridden midlands or South East .........................

·
Registered
160 Posts
How loud are the intakes though? I am looking to upgrade but don't want intake noise so it's a std air box for me !

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
How loud are the intakes though? I am looking to upgrade but don't want intake noise so it's a std air box for me !
Intake noise isnt very loud at all TBH, there is so much insulation around the car you dont hear much at all. My last Evo with induction kit sounded like a vacum packer!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
+1 would like to try a 750 car just to see how usable it is, but I'd have to move house to the drought ridden midlands or South East .........................
Just the same but more....been in EddieC's a good few times and it's just like the 650 but more shove in the back as a result of the increased boost. Think it runs 23psi. Overall drive is identical

·
Registered
176 Posts
After speaking to Ian this morning, he's advised me to jump from my stage 2 to stage 4, sounds like there's quite a difference in performance. Looking forward to it, I pity my neighbors now :)

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts

You'll just love it Bud

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes after being in the Stage2 club, I was advised to jump to the Stage4 club, wow now there is a difference in power, speed of gear changes and the nice swushing sound of air feeding the turbos. A worthwhile upgrade and even a bigger smile going to work. I'm hoping to hit Europe later this year, just to open her up and breath. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts