GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I bite the bullet and get the Litchfield kit or try and get some MY11+.

I don't particularly want spend £3.5k on it but can't find any secondhand MY11+ for sale. What do all these people who have switched do with theirs? Even Ian doesn't have any laying around.

·
Registered
754 Posts
rob if you have a CBA then the Litchfield kit is the ultimate no compromise solution if within your budget.
I've recently fitted 2011 suspension and will soon add the Eibach ARB's. Even the suspension alone is a noticeable handling improvement; especially cornering and damping.

If you can hold out for a 2011 set, it has to be worth serious consideration.
Test drive them before deciding?

Protegimus

·
Registered
754 Posts
rob it may be worth dropping MattGTR750 a line, I read that he bought CT17's 2011 GT-R that has the Litchfield suspension kit fitted, together with the original spares.

Good luck!

Protegimus

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had an offer now from someone for 2011 set now, I've just sent him an offer, if he accepts I'll probably just go with those.

I'd have thought 2012 isn't worth much more than £1000, if that.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Obviously the Litchfield kit is better, but by the time you spend £3,000 + VAT + fitting you are not going to realistically get change from £4,000.

A set of MY11 suspension comes in around £900-£1,000 usually, so with fitting is noticeably less than half the cost.

Personally on an older car I'd go for the MY11. Because £4,000 is a lot to spend on a £35-£40k car to soften the ride. Unless the car is modded that kind of money gets you much closer to an MY11 with all the extra bits it has too.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
rob if you have a CBA then the Litchfield kit is the ultimate no compromise solution if within your budget.
I've recently fitted 2011 suspension and will soon add the Eibach ARB's. Even the suspension alone is a noticeable handling improvement; especially cornering and damping.

If you can hold out for a 2011 set, it has to be worth serious consideration.
Test drive them before deciding?

Protegimus
Prot have you upgraded the suspension onto an MY09 or MY10?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts