GTR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 302 Posts

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)

Testing went really well on the airfield last week, well it did for those of us sat in a nice warm car with heated seats ;)

We managed to get lots of useful data from the cars we took for both our Ecutek maps and our new Intercooler tests.

Ecutek have outdone themselves again with even more logging parameters now available. I had asked for steering angle, Lateral and longitudinal G but they have also found what looks like the Y Angle sensor/calculation which they are calling Rotational G. Along with the Centre Diff torque split as an input so there is plenty of things to be thinking about over Christmas.

Below is a quick sample of log of our car spinning its wheels in 2nd gear and you can see how the 4wd torque split kicks in (Green line).

Also below is another log of the car coming out of a 3rd gear bend which was a long right before straightening up after a small amount of over steer.

We***8217;re going back very soon to do some more runs with some of these new parameters :)

I***8217;m not sure how much of a difference these new input fields will actually make to what the driver feels but it will certainly improve the traction control further.

Regards

Iain

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Intercooler tests....I may have missed something but sounds exciting. Looking forward to developments in 2014.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Get a few more degrees of timing for those of us with aftermarket FMIC's :D

Looks great, the TC working off steering angle as a factor will be great.

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #184

Yeap, intercoolers are showing good improvements over our current design. We are testing 5 different cores/manufacturers on the road, dyno and track with our friends at Forge. More details next year :)

Johnny, the steering angle sensor position should give us lots of options. Just need to work out the neatest way of using it all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ian, your Blue Daytona GT-R looks stunning with those wheels.
Looking forward to meeting you (as soon as I get a GT-R, for a Y pipe and K&N filters at least...). :thumbsup:

Sorry for being OT. ^^'

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sounds great Buzby!

Protegimus

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Got an update today, thanks Iain!

Now I have to find time to play with rolling boost. Further revisions to the map always welcome but it's difficult to notice gains when I don't have any complaints as yet. Will keep looking for bugs, but I think you've ironed them all out already!

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I've had quite a few people say they haven’t sent log files through recently because of the bad weather and wisely didn’t want to risk a full throttle run. Please don’t push your cars hard in bad weather as it’s not worth it even on private roads ;)

If however you would like further tweaks and you’re using the cars regularly we can still make changes from partial throttle and gentle/normal driving information, it all helps build a picture of how the car is performing. Don’t feel we only want wide open throttle and full boost data.

Drive safe and have a great New Year! :thumbsup:

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Iain, many thanks for sending the files over earlier. I managed to update both the engine Ecu and Transmission Ecu followed by clutch learn. The difference is absolutely astonishing. Taking into account I missed the v3 update earlier this year it's like driving a completely different car. I found the power delivery to be much smoother and progressive and driving in manual after the trans update gave me a huge smile. I chose to do some logging now as the roads (both private and public) were dry and very quiet so will fire the file over now. Excellent update which I would recommend to anyone with an R35( I know most of us on the forum are already converts but I'll be preaching nonetheless).

181 - 200 of 302 Posts