GTR Forum banner

201 - 220 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Happy New Year!

Log submitted, if you could check everything still looks good following the modification that would be appreciated.

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Ian,

any u[pdates on the P&B map?

Happy new year,

Dylan

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Iain and the team, I really enjoyed my visit yesterday it was worth the no sleep and a horrendous drive home.

The car pulls like a train now and yep Iain you're right, the dunlops have to go as I was struggling to get the power down, spinning up in fourth certainly ignites the senses ;)

The revised settings on the gearbox make a noticeable difference, it feels much more positive and responsive and I know I harp on about this, but the P&B map is far to addictive, I just can't help myself.

I'm looking forward to playing with the rolling boost, weather permitting, and hopefully I can get the next update as planned and return the logs to you over the weekend.

Speak soon and thanks again

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Iain and the team, I really enjoyed my visit yesterday it was worth the no sleep and a horrendous drive home.

The car pulls like a train now and yep Iain you're right, the dunlops have to go as I was struggling to get the power down, spinning up in fourth certainly ignites the senses ;)

The revised settings on the gearbox make a noticeable difference, it feels much more positive and responsive and I know I harp on about this, but the P&B map is far to addictive, I just can't help myself.

I'm looking forward to playing with the rolling boost, weather permitting, and hopefully I can get the next update as planned and return the logs to you over the weekend.

Speak soon and thanks again
Glad you like it... going in for some work in 10 days time.... doing the V4 upgrade too.... might have to ask for the P&Bs :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
Has anyone had a chance to do a video of the pops and bangs etc? I know it's probably all relative to the exhaust as well but it would be nice to hear it all the same ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was playing with pop and bangs yesterday, I took the video off my blackvue dashcam so its terrible quality and it doesn't sound good but you get the idea of what the pop and bangs are like, they're at about 20sec and 55sec mark on this crappy vid I uploaded.

test - YouTube

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
LOL, nope!!! It sound like there is a Bee stuck in your car !!! I did try, but cold not hear any pops and deffo no BANGS !!!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah the in car mic on the blackvue isnt that great tbh but you can hear a pop pop pop at the 20 sec mark when I lift off after downshift.

Also its only stage 1, Iain said it would be much more prominent with downpipes.

·
Registered
754 Posts
You can just catch it, but probably a bit easier to capture from a trail car, as in Buzby's videos!

btw Steve, is your car not a Nissan BE? I paid extra for that and mine sounds exactly like Matt's :O

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
BE ? Bastard Edition??

Just wondering if it's worth the extra dosh for the upgrades and P&B's (Pops and Bangs)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was playing with pop and bangs yesterday, I took the video off my blackvue dashcam so its terrible quality and it doesn't sound good but you get the idea of what the pop and bangs are like, they're at about 20sec and 55sec mark on this crappy vid I uploaded.

test - YouTube
I could hear the ones at 55 seconds.
Thanks for at least trying :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
haha, I wasn't really trying I was just playing around with a few different things, new blackvue and P&B map, If I had known I would be uploading it here I would of made more of an effort, Ill try again tomorrow and see if I can get a few louder ones.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Had a bit play with this yesterday, at first I barely touched the accelerator during the blip on the overrun resulting in a rather nice rumble as you slow or stop - think you might need just a touch more throttle matt. After watching Buzby's video I did a pull to 4k or so and then gave the pedal a good poke resulting in a hell of a crack, bloody awesome :cool: just want it all the time on the overrun now ...

Protegimus

·
Registered
876 Posts
Had a bit play with this yesterday, at first I barely touched the accelerator during the blip on the overrun resulting in a rather nice rumble as you slow or stop - think you might need just a touch more throttle matt. After watching Buzby's video I did a pull to 4k or so and then gave the pedal a good poke resulting in a hell of a crack, bloody awesome :cool: just want it all the time on the overrun now ...

Protegimus
I took it out again today, quite wet so didn't push too hard but I had a lot of pop and bangs on overrun around 5-7k rpm, once you're up in those numbers the slightest little bit of throttle and the exhaust explodes with noise.

I bought a GoPro as amazon have £100 off atm, I'm just importing the footage now but will try and upload a better video later today.

The video is still an internal one as I'm not sure how to mount the gopro externally yet

Hopefully there will still be some good footage.

-Matt

-- Edit -- Just checked the footage and the wind with windows down spoils it a lot, I will see if I can find some good footage and post.

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
201 - 220 of 302 Posts