GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Hi Iain.
I popped you a mail last night. Let me know if I owe you anything for the map.
Can you confirm if the Ecutek TC is still on VDC off? And can you do a pops and bangs map?

Cheers!!
It's going to be endless fun with BOTL and a pops n bangs map if its possible!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hi Iain

I was in with you on Tuesday getting my service done, which version did you update me to? This new one or 3?

Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Well done Ian and Ecutek, I'm looking forward to the new traction control in particular, this will be great for non standard cars.

Ian,

1. Can you confirm that the motor sport option comes as an individual map which one can switch to in a similar mode to the current switchable octain maps?

2. Is there also a chance for a switchable map on the 100 Octain version to include Pops, bangs and flames?

3. Will there be a standard fee for stage 5+ cars or will it need to be negotiated on a car by car basis? If so can you let me know how much on my Switzer turbos. I have the cable but if you can get the car to as good as it can get by me driving over for the day with a tank of fuel for you to use I'm happy to pop over when convenient.

Regards,

Dylan

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
See this is what the Nismo should have done LOL

Iain, I will be call you soon :)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Blimey my inbox is getting full :eek:

Sambogrove, PM will be with you shortly.

Henry145, update file with you later today

Paul r33 gtr, doing a Stage 2 remotely with Sly should be no problem. Get him to call me with the date and I'll put time aside. Doing Stage 1-2 tunes remotely is straight forward as it is more of a case of checking the car is performing as intended and a slight fine tune. Stage 3+ and the Motorsport ROM settings can take quite a bit of time to setup. Worth double checking what our friends at Kaizer and JM Imports etc would need to charge for this time.

Protegimus & Johnny G, Dan is copying much of your previous custom data across into the V4 Motor Sport ROM now. Pop and bangs can be enabled once they are setup ;)

We can configure the ROMs to suit what each customer wants but at the moment we have the extra features in the Motorsport ROM enabled in all maps. Map 4/100 however has our traction control turned off so it can act like standard if you want to go drifting :D

Matt, Stage 1 update on its way today.

Dylan, as above we can setup the maps to suit you. If you've got the time we can do remote tuning to get you up to where you are now on v3 and we can review the logs to dial in most of the V4 new features. If you want it done quickly then it's probably easier to pop over. I'll send over an email later.

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hi Iain obviously I was in start of last week but things were getting finalised, I bought one of the PRO ECU cables so guessing on my Stage 4 I can tuned / do everything with your aid and the cable.

From my point of view whats needed from me to give to you to progress with the update from V3 to V4.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi Iain.
I popped you a mail last night. Let me know if I owe you anything for the map.
Can you confirm if the Ecutek TC is still on VDC off? And can you do a pops and bangs map?

Cheers!!
Tell us more about the pops and bangs map?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Tell us more about the pops and bangs map?
Yea i wanna know more about this pops and bangs map :D lol..?

I had a chat with Sly earlier, he told me that he cant update my old stage 1 to the new stage 1 (Version 4) yet as he hasn't got it yet :(

Iain, will you be pushing out the updates to KaizerMotors any time soon..? I would love to come up and see you guys at Litchfield but its a bit of an epic drive :p

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
EAndy, No problem to email you a revised V4 of your file. You just need to follow the logging instructions and we'll send you back updated files.

Bhp, although we are announcing V4 now the reality is that many of our V3 customers have a lot of the improvements already. There will be little performance difference between our V3 & V4 99 maps. For most V4 Motorsport ROMs map4 will be labelled 100 on the coolant gauge just to differentiate it from map99. All of the maps are the same as map 99 except that our additional traction control which will be switched off.

Jason, it's for big kids who like a bit of extra overrun crackle and pop ;)

Hashlak, Sly can't just upload it without us double checking it so it will need to be booked in with him when we can go through the logs. Did you want the Motorsport ROM?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I'll try and call you later today, does the BOTL require it's own map? I'm sure I watched a video a few weeks ago about it but can't remember!

If so, would it mean 97(eco-ish), 98(BOTL), 99(pops & bangs), 100(normal)? Or does the 100 need to be saved for Motorsport ROM?

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Matt, you will need a ProECU cable to upload and do the logging. It's very handy to have :)

TomS, BOTL does need any map space and can be enabled in any mode. The only thing that causes an issue is the traction control as currently we can only tell the ECU if VDC is on or off

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I am like an overexcited child here waiting for the email...I know how Adam must feel when waiting for news from Iain!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Poor Iain. Double edged sword posting up this thread. He was busy enough without us all chomping at the bit to get our cars updated.
Do you have to personally be a previous customer or is it linked to the car? Litchfields did their stage 4 to my car a month before the previous owner sold it to me.

I too am after the pops and crackle. I'd like it on the 'full beans' 99 map which I only use rarely when I fancy blowing the cobwebs after a bad week. Pops and bangs from the exhaust would just make the experience that more enjoyable.

21 - 40 of 302 Posts