GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I just had a stage 2 to stage 4 conversion from Litchfield on Monday and it looks like I have ver 4 loaded. As expected car is an absolute monster, huge thumbs up to Litchfield.

One question I do have is that there used to be a fuel save feature enabled by holding down the cancel button. I just tend to run the car on full boost in the 99 map, is there a setting to use if I'm on an eco drive or stuck in traffic to get better mpg?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Coming in for a service and lowering springs mid Jan... I will wait to get the upgrade then.
That's one less customer for Iain to deal with this month :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
First drive this morning on phase 4 with initial map (so not yet optimised), commute to work on a very cold, icy morning so not a performance drive - it's amazing how small changes contribute to an overall improvement as the car being in a more appropriate gear for the circumstances when in auto makes for a more refined feeling. It's also faster to drop a gear if you want to accelerate, rather than the previous pause then drop down a gear by which time it's too slow to respond.
Had a brief run in R mode when warmed up - gear change feels noticeable quicker especially on the downshifts.

Can't wait to finish logging and really open the taps!

Protegimus

·
Registered
551 Posts
First drive this morning on phase 4 with initial map (so not yet optimised), commute to work on a very cold, icy morning so not a performance drive - it's amazing how small changes contribute to an overall improvement as the car being in a more appropriate gear for the circumstances when in auto makes for a more refined feeling. It's also faster to drop a gear if you want to accelerate, rather than the previous pause then drop down a gear by which time it's too slow to respond.
Had a brief run in R mode when warmed up - gear change feels noticeable quicker especially on the downshifts.

Can't wait to finish logging and really open the taps!

Protegimus
Can you please refrain from posting positive feedback until next month as I fear that I will not be able to wait to get mine updated :mad:

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Then don't wait.

I've been having a conversation with a friend who is on the phase 2 race rom.

His motto is "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so he has refused to update.

Am not sure why he won't listen to me, as the jump up to phase 3 alone is hugely significant. I was just wondering if anyone else can post some feedback and I will point him in this direction.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great work again by Iain and the team, great to see the bar being raised again.

Iain, I know you're bombarded but I've emailed you. Looking forward to getting this :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Then don't wait.

Am not sure why he won't listen to me, as the jump up to phase 3 alone is hugely significant. I was just wondering if anyone else can post some feedback and I will point him in this direction.
I know.. I was just adding a little amusement...
Your friend should defo get the update done... a friend of mine also has phase 2 but he is selling the car so he isn't so bothered. But I have driven his and compared it to mine which has phase 3 I believe. Mine is so much smoother and quicker (same mods apart from back boxes).

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Then don't wait.

LOL we have all been there :mad:

·
Registered
875 Posts
It's going to be endless fun with BOTL and a pops n bangs map if its possible!
Sorry for dumb question but what exactly is a pop and bang map?
Is this something anyone can have or does it need the motorsport rom?

Does this map have a proper name or do we just ask for pop and bang map lol.

My car already seems to make a few of these noises and I love the sound of it.

Matt

·
Registered
754 Posts
mathewk, pop and bang map is, to quote Mr. Litchfield,
... it's for big kids who like a bit of extra overrun crackle and pop ;)
I unashamedly meet the criteria when it comes to performance cars, so fortunately qualify for the necessary tweaks!

One question I do have is that there used to be a fuel save feature enabled by holding down the cancel button. I just tend to run the car on full boost in the 99 map, is there a setting to use if I'm on an eco drive or stuck in traffic to get better mpg?
borat52 cruise control, auto mode, NNN or NCN and full boost on the 99 map (when using VPower/Momentum) has always resulted in the best economy. It may be worth trying lower boost; but I experienced no improvement in economy for a lazy throttle response so always leave boost on maximum.

Speaking to Iain about it he told me the additional resolution of phase 3 and 4 maps, plus other refinements provide for better fuel economy and that has absolutely proven to be the case.
Not sure where they are with the 'Save' mode, but he did say that he was always looking at ways to improve and I suspect the fuel trim input to custom maps may form a part of that.

Loaded on now for the logging for Mr Litchfield
Any first impressions Henry, or do you prefer to wait until fully mapped?

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
mathewk, pop and bang map is, to quote Mr. Litchfield,

I unashamedly meet the criteria when it comes to performance cars, so fortunately qualify for the necessary tweaks!

borat52 cruise control, auto mode, NNN or NCN and full boost on the 99 map (when using VPower/Momentum) has always resulted in the best economy. It may be worth trying lower boost; but I experienced no improvement in economy for a lazy throttle response so always leave boost on maximum.

Speaking to Iain about it he told me the additional resolution of phase 3 and 4 maps, plus other refinements provide for better fuel economy and that has absolutely proven to be the case.
Not sure where they are with the 'Save' mode, but he did say that he was always looking at ways to improve and I suspect the fuel trim input to custom maps may form a part of that.

Any first impressions Henry, or do you prefer to wait until fully mapped?

Protegimus
First time logging so was concentrating on that...logs sent to Yoda and some more to do tomorrow...off to Silverstone Sunday so will try it in anger!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Can't wait to get this now. Having the DP's fitted within next few weeks and with the crackle pop it will definitely produce nice big flames :clap:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Can't wait to get this now. Having the DP's fitted within next few weeks and with the crackle pop it will definitely produce nice big flames :clap:
Get a vid of the downpipes up mate! I've just recieved my downpipes in the post today and with the MeisterR i think we're gonna make some noise!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Get a vid of the downpipes up mate! I've just recieved my downpipes in the post today and with the MeisterR i think we're gonna make some noise!!
He he what DP's did you go for?

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Just a bit of feedback, anyone unsure about doing this change, I think the LTC alone is worth over a grand!

The safety it adds is comparable to the Alcon bbk. It's very impressive just how well it does it's job, almost to the point that it's imperceptible.

You can tell from the noise and slight change of acceleration rate.

I'm not sure about this bit but I think this isn't an ecutek developed feature. If I'm right it's a Litchfield only product solely developed by litchfield using the tools unlocked by ecutek in hacking the ecu. Happy to be corrected but, for me, even though I wouldn't do otherwise anyway, but it really adds unique value to using litchfields.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Just a bit of feedback, anyone unsure about doing this change, I think the LTC alone is worth over a grand!

The safety it adds is comparable to the Alcon bbk. It's very impressive just how well it does it's job, almost to the point that it's imperceptible.

I'm not sure about this bit but I think this isn't an ecutek developed feature. If I'm right it's a Litchfield only product solely developed by litchfield using the tools unlocked by ecutek in hacking the ecu. Happy to be corrected but, for me, even though I wouldn't do otherwise anyway, but it really adds unique value to using litchfields.
Well said Adam...having used it on track yesterday in greasy slippery conditions my car with the Litchfield Traction Control was best described as EPIC!

·
Registered
551 Posts

This is good to hear, especially for us mere mortals (mainly myself) to help on the track.

61 - 80 of 302 Posts