GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 302 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I'm less than a mere mortal when it cones to driving prowess. My greatest driving achieve t was passing my test first time !
Now that could be a new thread as I am in the "First Time Pass Club" too !!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
also passed first time and love the fact the Mrs took 5 times to pass hers. That remains the most used reason for why the good lady doesn't drive the GTR when she asks to.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Just a bit of feedback, anyone unsure about doing this change, I think the LTC alone is worth over a grand!

The safety it adds is comparable to the Alcon bbk. It's very impressive just how well it does it's job, almost to the point that it's imperceptible.

You can tell from the noise and slight change of acceleration rate.

I'm not sure about this bit but I think this isn't an ecutek developed feature. If I'm right it's a Litchfield only product solely developed by litchfield using the tools unlocked by ecutek in hacking the ecu. Happy to be corrected but, for me, even though I wouldn't do otherwise anyway, but it really adds unique value to using litchfields.
Agreed when we were testing Beta at TOTB I had run 11.2/11.15 all day long (tried everything) and the moment we switched to the LTC the launch took me straight to 11.00 dead without any other mods - a tenth in drag racing can be £10Ks apparently....

On a decent strip easy into 10s apparently

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nicce :) Great feedback.. Cant wait for the update, have got my car booked in on Thursday

·
Registered
875 Posts
I got the ProECU delivered this morning, how do I go about getting updated remotely?

Also is LTC included or is that just the Motorsport version?

Thanks
Matt

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Well that was a busy weekend! We has been updating files all afternoon as well :)

Adam, You are right that Ecutek just provide us with the tools and we have to create the maps ourselves. They give us an ever expanding list of inputs into custom maps which we can then make calculations from to give an output result. So when we had the front and rear speed signals add we were able to calculate the speed differential from wheel spin and apply changes to the engine power. We keep improving it all the time, initial tests were done on our cars but we also put BETA versions on a few cars like Rog’s and Will’s some time ago.

Today's update was 4wd torque split as a measurement and custom map input along with some more goodies ;) Now they just need to give us more custom map space as we use almost used all of them :cool:

Hashlak, Sly will have you file in the morning :)***61514;

Matthewk, We’ll send a new update to you in the morning. Our LTC is standard on both the normal tuned ROM and our Motorsport ROM.

Really pleased your liking the changes :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Can't wait to get this, thanks Iain, hopefully Sly can get the DP's on this weekend

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
The performance of the standard file is just as good it just has less of the extra features disabled.
Most of these feature are aimed at higher stages so you won't notice a massive difference on Stage 1.

·
Registered
754 Posts
More logs submitted for you Mr. Litchfield!

Protegimus

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Brad, Below are the 2 main settings we offer. We can of cause tailor the setup to suit each customer but this is our current default settings.

Standard Version 4 file:
Selectable maps based on Fuel octane
Higher Resolution maps
Adjustable boost in all maps
Adjustable Launch RPM
Litchfield Traction Control (LTC) works conjunction with Nissan's VDC system in both Normal and Race mode. The LTC is also functioning when Nissan's TC is switched off. The Driver can also switch everything off completed if required.
Litchfield Safety trips

Motorsport Version 4 file:
Selectable maps based on Fuel octane
Higher Resolution maps
Adjustable boost in all maps
Adjustable Launch RPM
Adjustable Boost On The Line (BOTL) when in Launch mode
Adjustable Rolling Launch / Boost
Super R Transmission mode
Litchfield Traction Control (LTC)
Litchfield Safety trips

Other features can be added such as extra pops and bangs (you know who you are :chuckle: ), flex fuel, etc.

Jason, will keep an eye out as I have a few to do tonight :)

Regards

Iain

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Finally got a EcuTek Cable so I'll be bugging you tomorrow no doubt ;) You must be loving that you announced the update publicly! :D

81 - 100 of 302 Posts