GTR Forum banner

141 - 160 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yep, EcuTek ProECU on the laptop, enable the Map Access, do some general driving, then a few 3rd&4th gear pulls at various boost levels for me. I usually go throw 1500rpm in 3rd, WOT and then stop at redline in 4th.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
So did you get a snap crackle and pop map Jason?
Ian has put some P&B on on my car, but it is V mild!

I'm informed there is a rather interesting P&B update for us chavs on its way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ian has put some P&B on on my car, but it is V mild!

I'm informed there is a rather interesting P&B update for us chavs on its way :thumbsup:
Whaat ?? Any details on this 'P&B' update ?

I have my car booked in for V4 motorsport rom on Tuesday but might aswell wait if there are more incoming updates..

Any if you guys with the pop/bang have a gopro they could use to video it??
I Just got myself the GoPro Hero3 + With 4K resolution loll, will try to get some nice footage for you guys :) Any suggestion on the best place to mount it for the exhaust ..? Just got this yesterday so still trying to figure it all out..

·
Registered
551 Posts

I have my car booked in for V4 motorsport rom on Tuesday but might aswell wait if there are more incoming updates..

I Just got myself the GoPro Hero3 + With 4K resolution loll, will try to get some nice footage for you guys :) Any suggestion on the best place to mount it for the exhaust ..? Just got this yesterday so still trying to figure it all out..

If you have the plunger you can mount it to the bumper

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

Back of the boot, I always found the sound not great on go pro.

It's bit really an update, Iain just maps in for P & Bs, but there only mild, the car doesn't seem to like more severe ones

·
Registered
644 Posts
But don't forget to tether it
Any tips on tethering ? Just saw some gopro tethers online but it all comes with an adhesive mount for the tether.. Im not willing to 'stick' anything on my exterior incase it leaves marks or screws with my detail finnish lol..

Im sure its safe to just mount it with the suction no ? Its not like i will be going superfast, just try and get those pops n bangs :p

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Back of the boot, I always found the sound not great on go pro.

It's bit really an update, Iain just maps in for P & Bs, but there only mild, the car doesn't seem to like more severe ones
How do you mean? Can you elaborate?

Any tips on tethering ? Just saw some gopro tethers online but it all comes with an adhesive mount for the tether.. Im not willing to 'stick' anything on my exterior incase it leaves marks or screws with my detail finnish lol..

Im sure its safe to just mount it with the suction no ? Its not like i will be going superfast, just try and get those pops n bangs :p
You can do that, I've just got a tether, and I mount it on the rear bumper and then jam the tether in the boot, so it can't move in the event of the suction cup letting go (which it's never done btw)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Fair enough, i was expecting something mild anyway :) Just add a little crackle to the exhaust note..

Does it make the crackle sound on upshifts ? Downshifts ? Or revving ?

You can do that, I've just got a tether, and I mount it on the rear bumper and then jam the tether in the boot, so it can't move in the event of the suction cup letting go (which it's never done btw)
Nice, ill jam it in the boot..

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
How do you mean? Can you elaborate?

Sorry Johnny I can't really, you'd need to ask Iain.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Had the V4 on for a while now and have to say that the car is performing the best it ever has. The LTC is a revelation in poor traction conditions. Where the OE ECU used to close the throttles down and really hamper performance, the LTC ignition cuts mean that acceleration is vastly improved. On a wet track this update alone would be a huge advantage! Litchfield have again made the performance far more useable in all conditions.
I also have to say I am really impressed with Ecutek/Litchfield constant software development, it makes owning the car a real pleasure.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just got back home from Litchfield with the new V4 motorsport map + Super R mode :D Gotta say that the car does feel like its performing better than ever.. Biggest highlight for me is the rolling launch and also how much faster the car responds to me in Auto mode. No more laggg before it downshifts when u want that quick power to overtake or something..

Big thanks to Iain and the team ! :)

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Hashlak,

If further maps come out from Iain with pops and bangs, Iain can email you the maps. You only need the ecutek cable to upload the updates yourself. If you want help with that, you know where I am, just pm or phone and I'll upload for you using my cable.

·
Registered
754 Posts
.. Biggest highlight for me is the rolling launch and also how much faster the car responds to me in Auto mode. No more laggg before it downshifts when u want that quick power to overtake or something..

Big thanks to Iain and the team ! :)
There's definitely an improvement in response in the circumstances you describe. Never an issue if you were on it, just the slight lull during transition from relaxed cruising to sudden acceleration; great stuff.

Pops & bangs is quite fun once you get used to it and can be provoked quite nicely if you get up to around 3k! Hopefully the development will come to enhance it further! :flame:s

Just have to correct my previous comment on drifting with LTC enabled - scratch that as it wasn't on with the settings I was testing due to having earlier TC from phase 3.

Yes, I'd like reiterate your thanks for all the work!

Protegimus

141 - 160 of 302 Posts