GTR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hashlak,

If further maps come out from Iain with pops and bangs, Iain can email you the maps. You only need the ecutek cable to upload the updates yourself. If you want help with that, you know where I am, just pm or phone and I'll upload for you using my cable.
Thanks Adam, that would be a great help and save me the long journey lol. Good to know i have some GTR support round the corner :)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Good to meet you at last Hashlak, enjoy the updates :)

The forecast is for rain later and we're back on the airfield today for some more tests ;) We've got a few cars going with varying power levels so it should make a interesting comparison.

Iain

·
Registered
754 Posts
Keep us posted please Iain!
Is it related to the G sensor input & 4WD clutch control, or is that further down the line?

Johnny: Trouble is, once you have some, it's like "Please sir, I want some more"!

Protegimus

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Keep us posted please Iain!
Is it related to the G sensor input & 4WD clutch control, or is that further down the line?

Johnny: Trouble is, once you have some, it's like "Please sir, I want some more"!

Protegimus
Is that such a bad thing? :D

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Good to meet you at last Hashlak, enjoy the updates :)

The forecast is for rain later and we're back on the airfield today for some more tests ;) We've got a few cars going with varying power levels so it should make a interesting comparison.

Iain
sent you PM and email Iain :rolleyes:

·
Registered
462 Posts
map

Just fitted what a difference to kickdown. usual busy place but Ian always has time to talk
As usual didnt listen properly, how do you get pops and bangs to work, I think its in the 95 map somehow:clap:

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was out last night in the monsoon trying to get my logging completed which was a nightmare with rolling road blocks and literally rivers of standing water. I know I'm nuts according to the wife but I want this finalised so I can hopefully enjoy it over the break.

Maximum respect again to Iain, thank you mate for working into the small hours I think the last exchange was midnight. Christmas pressy enroute mate!

Looks like more wet stuff tomorrow grrrr

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's like qualifying; you have to be out there with a full tank of VPower and tyres up to temp (ish) to get the best runs. Weather broke for one hour's bright sunshine (so it hit 5c) last Sunday, other than that it was a nightmare.
Great workout for LTC though!

All credit to Iain.

Protegimus

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Thing is I don't want the LTC to kick in.

To test my new turbos, I need grippy road temp in the tyres and temp in the road.

After that, to get the best times will be a balancing act between minimal LTC cutting in and ecutek adjustable launch and boost off the line.

I love it, the aftermarket litchfield/ecutek toys all working together to improve safety, traction and performance, and all invisible without affecting everyday drivability in a negative way.

It's so OEM, you just gotta love it. Why don't these things exist for all cars?

This is the type of thing that stops me selling my gtr - again.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I was out last night in the monsoon trying to get my logging completed which was a nightmare with rolling road blocks and literally rivers of standing water. I know I'm nuts according to the wife but I want this finalised so I can hopefully enjoy it over the break.

Maximum respect again to Iain, thank you mate for working into the small hours I think the last exchange was midnight. Christmas pressy enroute mate!

Looks like more wet stuff tomorrow grrrr
Doubt I'll get mine updated before holidays....will try though!:smokin:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Such a valid point Adam, with all these developments the GTR is almost like a home built PC, you simply upgrade the individual components and you keep it bang up to date with the newest features, I've yet to see or know of a future car that will thrump what is possible by modifying a GTR, the ability to develop TC maps, transmission maps, etc specific to your power levels and application via and OEM ecu is just amazing in my eyes

·
Registered
644 Posts
Such a valid point Adam, with all these developments the GTR is almost like a home built PC, you simply upgrade the individual components and you keep it bang up to date with the newest features, I've yet to see or know of a future car that will thrump what is possible by modifying a GTR, the ability to develop TC maps, transmission maps, etc specific to your power levels and application via and OEM ecu is just amazing in my eyes
Well said.. It really is like a PC or Android phone where you just change drivers/roms for huge gains :)) Really does future proof the car a bit..

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
If I take the essence of the mods I've done, it really is just a gtr plus.

Can't see a downside.

Ecutek - see above - all round improvement adds features, refinement and performance
Alcon super kit - just better in every way
Litchfield suspension - again better in every way
Super quiet exhaust - all the power, none of the noise.

These four things make an amazing car just better.

Love to know what mine would do at the ring!

Who needs a nismo!

161 - 180 of 302 Posts