GTR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Sorry david should have been clearer. We fitted the old kit as one unit to prove the hub etc was the same. In the picture you can see the 2011 Caliper swung out of the way.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Tis indeed awesome work. So looking fwd to reading the results.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a 6k service at Litchfield yesterday for my Gun Metal MY10, saw the MY11 x 2, Blue and Black in the workshop, the blue Litchfield car on the ramp being dismantled, i was a bit sceptical, but after seeing them in the flesh........very very nice, damn!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
sorry the mating points to the new rear diffuser are different. It looks like you would need this as well to install it onto a 09/10 models.

Lots of new photos and information to post up soon :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
yeap, You will need at least the lower section of the rear bumper.

There is also a new breather from the Fuel filler neck. I say new because I have not noticed it on the MY10 models before.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
New breather probably addresses filling issues.
They really have thought of everything!

Well nearly everything. I can't believe there isn't room on either the instrument binnacle or massive MFD for a permanent outside temp gauge!
How many cars don't have that?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

Well nearly everything. I can't believe there isn't room on either the instrument binnacle or massive MFD for a permanent outside temp gauge!
Yeah one thing I miss.....prefer to have speed up rather than the temp....cant think of any other decent modern car now that does not perm display outside temp.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The attention to detail is stunning! Clearly, like the first car, this is a labour of love for the Nissan engineers. In fact what they haven't changed has been just as interesting. *I'll try and put up some info about the engine and gearbox tomorrow :)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hoping your going to tell us that the gearbox and engine internals are unchanged! Really interested to see the results of the software comparison too. Keep it coming your a legend!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts

Hi David,

My 59 Nav car has the temp as an option near the trip gauge? Is that not enough?

Dave:wavey:

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Hi David,

My 59 Nav car has the temp as an option near the trip gauge? Is that not enough?

Yup, so does mine David !

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi David,

I think most people use the digital MPH display as the speedo is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, that leaves the outside temp display buried as an option to toggle through to on my car but not have both displayed ?

I agree it should be an option on the MFD

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Sat in 2011 today...sears feel much more supportive...like carbon trim and black instead of silver by gear/handbrake...MFD appears to have better resolution and crisper graphics...overall felt car had more of a quality upmarket feel to it...well done Nissan... Can't wait for mine...looks great in White...glad I choose it !

61 - 80 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.