GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over 5 years of tinkering with my car it now looks like the journey has come to the end, Cant say how happy i am with all the help and advice from the Litchfield team, Turning up at Sprints and track days dialing the car more and more aggressive for track use,
I drove it home Saturday and you wouldnt know it was over 1000Bhp on shell petrol.
Ive put a link to the Litchfield write up,any body here thinking of going down this road, I can honestly recommend these people who breath GTRs from their blood.

Goldie

LINK
https://www.facebook.com/LitchfieldMotors/posts/1606677676028857

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Just read the facebook page.

Must say I'm impressed that the stock intercooler was managing to produce over 900bhp.

Must have been satisfying when the Race intercooler alone released another 72!

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
After over 5 years of tinkering with my car it now looks like the journey has come to the end, Cant say how happy i am with all the help and advice from the Litchfield team, Turning up at Sprints and track days dialing the car more and more aggressive for track use,
I drove it home Saturday and you wouldnt know it was over 1000Bhp on shell petrol.
Ive put a link to the Litchfield write up,any body here thinking of going down this road, I can honestly recommend these people who breath GTRs from their blood.

Goldie

LINK
https://www.facebook.com/LitchfieldMotors/posts/1606677676028857

I know exactly what you mean! :)

Adrenaline Engineered. :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just read the facebook page.

Must say I'm impressed that the stock intercooler was managing to produce over 900bhp.

Must have been satisfying when the Race intercooler alone released another 72!
The intercooler i had in before wasnt stock, it was a delovepment one that i had made, But the Litchfield Race let the extra power come in top end,

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Now I'm shocked. You're saying that the Race intercooler on exchange only was 72bhp better than what I'm guessing was already a larger area and volume, supposedly more efficient aftermarket core?

If so, that's unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I'm shocked. You're saying that the Race intercooler on exchange only was 72bhp better than what I'm guessing was already a larger area and volume, supposedly more efficient aftermarket core?

If so, that's unbelievable.
The Intercooler that i had before was as said a bigger than standard cooler and was a development one,, nothing to do with litchfields,
The only part that wasnt supplied by Litchos,
And that was the part of the car that was holding the engine back.

Goldie

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
New dyno result is great!, 5 more horses, but 43lbs more torque? Did you up gearbox bits too? or just new revised mapping?
You'll have to change the 1026 stickers now :chuckle:

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Impressive what just rods and pistons can do.

When I think about what was needed in my subaru days to get to 500bhp, and now, just rods and pistons and the engine can handle over 1000bhp for over a year and including track use. The engine is just soooo good.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New dyno result is great!, 5 more horses, but 43lbs more torque? Did you up gearbox bits too? or just new revised mapping?
You'll have to change the 1026 stickers now :chuckle:
Gearbox is full dodson straight cut set, New clutch baskets, clutches,
Engine had the LM 1000 turbos and manifolds, intakes, injectors, pumps, BBK Alcon, gear box cooler, Engine cooler. the list is ending,
And a whole list more to make the 1000 bhp
I posted because im happy with the car beyond belief,
But please dont feel this is a cheap job or a 2week turn around,

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
One of the best R35s out there bar none.

A dream build for many of us Goldie. And being used as it should.

Lucky man!

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
What's the colour? Looks very yellow but I'm guessing it's a gold variant. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of the best R35s out there bar none.

A dream build for many of us Goldie. And being used as it should.

Lucky man!
Cheers Charlie,, the car never has been and never will be a garage queen. 2 weeks old and 1200 mile service done on the thursday and at the Ring on the Friday,

Goldie

1 - 20 of 44 Posts