GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by the number of threads recently Iain and the boys have been busy!

Just wanted to add my thanks for the work they did on mine.

Got the blue bomber back yesterday and hads loads of fun finding out what the difference from a standard 2011 to a stage 2 was! :thumbsup: :D:D:D

Just got to say those 400mm alcons are mooosive!

Will give a full review after I have had a chance to test it all this weekend at Brands.

Watch this space!

Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What kind of bhp is expected with a 2011/ stage 2 combo??

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I think I saw this when I was there on Wednesday? might be wrong but looked at a MY11 with Alcons as thats what I'll replace mine with when the OEM's wear down shortly.

Was my first trip to Litchfield but won't be the last.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right having done the track day on Saturday at Brands I can safely say that the upgrades worked a treat!

The transmission temps never went over 100 all day and that included a spirited 30 min session.

The brakes worked superbly and had absolutely no fade.

Tyres took a bit of a pasting! New rubber please!

Safely got in under the 105db limit.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Now just need to wait for Iain to finish the suspension and front splinter so I can get them fitted! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Sounds like you had fun mate :thumbsup: What sort of db reading did you see and at what revs etc.?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you had fun mate :thumbsup: What sort of db reading did you see and at what revs etc.?
The guy doing the testing didn't give a reading!

Just asked me to rev to 5250 or when the limiter kicked in, so on the R35 we are looking at 5000rpm (wont rev past that in park).

Going by my readings im guessing the db was about 96-97 @ 5000.

Lots of cars there that were well over 105 on track, but passed testing by some means!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
It has been really interesting following everyones modding tales over the past 5 months. Not me I said.
I didn't feel any urgency to fall into the modding trap -'I've got 530bhp why would I need more?'
That is until this most recent round of Litchfield mania started!! Suddenly found there was an itch - what was I missing out on.
So long and short is another appointment has been made at Iain's establishment for a Stage 2 upgrade.
Have a few days off in April so will head down then - the round trip from Glasgow to Tewksbury should give plenty of opportunity to evaluate the changes. Looking forward to it.
Paul

·
Registered
785 Posts
It has been really interesting following everyones modding tales over the past 5 months. Not me I said.
I didn't feel any urgency to fall into the modding trap -'I've got 530bhp why would I need more?'
That is until this most recent round of Litchfield mania started!! Suddenly found there was an itch - what was I missing out on.
So long and short is another appointment has been made at Iain's establishment for a Stage 2 upgrade.
Have a few days off in April so will head down then - the round trip from Glasgow to Tewksbury should give plenty of opportunity to evaluate the changes. Looking forward to it.
Paul
Crikey thats a long way Paul for a tune. Good luck to you though. Iv had mine done, It seems alot better.
Dave

·
Registered
366 Posts
Its only 337 miles each way. Have a couple of days off so head down stay in a local hotel, drop the car off with Iain at 9.00 the following day, pick car up after lunch and head back up the road. Simples.
Any other Scottish based owners fancy a bit of Litchfield magic? We could head down in convoy, make it a bit of a road trip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts