GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going wrong with Our Kids today when they are out on their Own in Public? You cannot see a Movie in the Cinema any more without it being spoilt with adolescents checking their Mobile Phones every ten seconds, forever screaming at each other, walking over the furniture, constantly throwing food & drinks about the place or generally misbehaving by causing maximum chaos in the pursuit of a good time out!

Same goes for eating out too. If its not young Children running about bumping into everything possible then its Teenagers or Young Adults f'king about with food or drinks as they mess about thinking this unacceptable loutish bad behaviour is also fun.

Other peoples property is fair game to vandalise too! It doesn't matter if its simply chucking Mc Donalds sauces and thick milkshakes over everything they encounter on their way Home, throwing full bottles and cans at passing Motorists or setting fire to local Schools during the Holidays just because they were BORED!!!!:mad:

Do they not see that some of these actions can then put other peoples lives in danger or is this part of the thrill that encourages these types to go further and do more extreme acts next time??

And God forbid that some one actually tries to inform these darling little Angels in the error of their destructive ways as then it becomes YOU who is the bad Guy in these ever increasing scenarios!

What's it going to take from the rest of Society whose always left to pick up the financial costs of these parasites to reverse this unpleasant trend and get back some kind of moral compass to these modern aggressively antisocial types?!:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
When I were a lad (keep in mind I'm still in my thirties), if you did bad stuff like this, the older kids or adults would kick the crap out of you. That changed and the respect just dropped off.

I'm sure it will go full circle, with perhaps the reprobates being the ones to dish out the beatings to those younger than them and then the respect is restored.

It all boils down to modern day parents thinking it's right to be their kids 'best mates' and the general public being too scared to stand up for themselves and bash down on anti social behaviour

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Depends where you go, and where you live, and the way you bring up your child. you dont have to deliver a beating, to be taken seriously as a parent. You just have to know how to parent.

Problem now, is there is a huge number of new parents, who grew up with parents who would give them a beating for being total morons (hopefully only then and not just because, there is a difference) who are now told "You cant do that" its the only way they know how to parent, a lot of these people cant afford to go out and re-educate themselves on what to do, or simply just don't want to deal with it. So this is what happens...raising a kid is ridiculously challenging today, IF you actually give a shit and don't want to end up with a total POS individual.

But then, i was recently in London, and noticed, some parents are no better, groups of parents with their kids blind drunk together...what the f**k is all that about i wonder :/

·
Registered
567 Posts
Most have been dragged up rather than brought up imho.

My 9 year old lad knows his limits, never laid a hand on him but brought him up to respect other people, same with out 4 yeard old daughter; good as gold when we go out for meals etc..

Luckily my lad can spot a scrote a mile off so most of his mates have the right attitude!.

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
I agree. The only times I got a slap from parents was when I very much deserved it :chuckle:

The point I make is that as youngsters we were brought up with discipline which was reinforced through peers and other people around - you respected your elders. That no longer seems to be reinforced and the lack of respect has spread to other peoples space and property which is unacceptable.

Still, I live in a nice place and as such don't get exposure to really antisocial behaviour for which I consider myself lucky. I still wouldn't leave my car parked outside at night if it can be avoided.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
the most obvious thing to them should be that all they are doing is contributing to the shit hole that most of them live in

It's beyond dumb

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends where you go, and where you live, and the way you bring up your child. you dont have to deliver a beating, to be taken seriously as a parent. You just have to know how to parent.
Personally I think this cancerous behaviour is happening all over the UK these days no matter the location and the more good Kids that see the really bad ones get away with increasingly worse behaviour just encourages the remaining good Kids not to give a toss either and copy these louts anti social antics for bravado or popularity.

I for one am absolutely sick to death of it because its going way too far and becoming dangerous!:mad:

What on Earth makes a thirteen year old Girl whose allegedly a local bully smash a full soft drink can into the side of a fellow Students head so violently that She nearly kills Him in the process?? Does She have any regrets about causing this injury to His temple? Nope, Her response was that He totally deserved it because He stood up to Her when She tried to nick His mobile phone so He needed to be taught a lesson and shown who was boss. WTF?!:eek:

Back in the Summer a Driver was taken to Hospital when a group of Kids threw glass bottles off a walkway in Our Town Centre at the passing Cars below them. The poor Man in question had severe face, chest and neck injuries when the windscreen, Drivers door glass and rear screen were all shattered by what can only be described as a barrage of glass bottles hit His vehicle whilst He was innocently going about His business.

Now in the early hours of New Years Day a local Infant School was raised to the ground by a suspicious fire. Turns out four Teenagers are responsible for the blaze which utterly destroyed the entire building and will take up to two years to rectify whilst the charred remains are taken away and construction of a new School can eventually start. What punishment is suitable for such low life scum because they must have no connection with the rest of society and don't care in the slightest about the lives they put in danger, chaos, disruption or financial costs of what their irresponsible actions have done to Our Community.

Slashing people with Stanley type knives, sticking single edge blades with chewing gum to Car door handles or hiding needles/syringes in Public area seats are all crimes that are on the increase too. I just don't get it!:confused:

Surely its down to more that just bad Parenting if a Child gets its kicks from inflicting pain on absolute Strangers?! These types are an evolutionary step backwards as more and more of these seem to act out on their psychopathic tendencies!

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
it's incremental creep. To start with it was ok to not do what your parents say, then leading to being ok to slash people with Stanley knives

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I see you're from South Wales K66 SKY, I spent some time in South Wales as a kid in the 80's, Cardiff and the Valleys mostly, it was no Swiss finishing school. Me and a few mates once got involved in a pretty tasty rumble in the national history museum of all places! I feel much safer there now tbh.

The victorians were terrified of their "feral youth" running amok. I think we are tougher on young people now and international surveys of quality of life put UK towards the bottom in the western world for young people. Just maybe beating kids isn't the answer.

Youth culture and crime: what can we learn from history? | History Extra

Three lessons from history
1. Each successive historical age has ardently believed that an unprecedented ***8220;crisis***8221; in youth behaviour is taking place. We are not unique; our fears do not differ significantly from those of our predecessors.

2. Statistics are complex things to interpret. Rising youth crime statistics since the 1940s are the result of a whole series of factors and do not mean that youth are becoming more ***8220;immoral***8221;.

3. Our treatment of young offenders is in many ways harsher than it has been in the past. This has not been successful in reducing our fear of crime; if anything, it is compounding the problem and increasing mistrust between the generations.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see you're from South Wales K66 SKY, I spent some time in South Wales as a kid in the 80's, Cardiff and the Valleys mostly, it was no Swiss finishing school.
Did you ever stab anyone when they wouldn't hand over their property or glass a complete stranger because you didn't like the look of them? How about slash all the tyres of the cars in the street or scratch them up with screwdrivers for fun and something to do?? All of these are things that have happened recently and not far away from where my Inlaws live in Bristol. Location doesn't seem to be a guarantee you'll be free from such senseless crimes AlexJ just as much as the perpetrators of these acts are not always from the down and out lower classes of our society either.

Also...What about the types of dangerous things that we see that are not officially recorded AlexJ? Things like young Kids putting Shopping Trolleys onto Roads and Dual Carriageways when it gets dark. When asked why they would do such a thing, one of the idiots responded that they just wanted to see an accident happen for a laugh.....You Tube's not hitting the spot any more perhaps?? I don't remember sh1t like that happening purely for Children's entertainment when I was growing up!:mad:

And as for being a Child born in the 1970's and also growing up in the 1980's in Wales, I certainly was not allowed out on my own or with mates either gone two O'Clock in the morning when I was 14 or 15 and yet that's exactly what happened on New Years Day when three 14 year old's and a 15 year old set fire to the Infant School I once attended at 02:25am!

Cwmbran's Coed Eva school fire: Four people arrested - BBC News

Yeah the 1970's and 1980's with frequent strikes and high unemployment was tough on many a Family but I don't remember thinking lets burn everything down and make things a lot worse as a good source of entertainment. We didn't have much but we did have a moral compass and respect for other peoples possessions installed into us. Fighting amongst equals is one thing when you are young and competing for bragging rights in territorial feuds but going out of your way to vandalise property, put lives at risk or inflict harm on complete strangers is something new IMHO!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Their is a common factor that arises these days,and thats a lot of these youth have grown up in single parent families,usually the mum raises the child,and starts to lose control as they reach adolescence,simply because they get to big and ignore the parent,I'm not for one minute having a go at single parents,as they have a very hard job to do,but it must help when their are two parents,especially a male role figure,also in the post above you mentioned in the 1940's well what happened then,most of the men went off to war,hence the mum is now both parents again,it is a difficult issue,but i reckon a bit of punishment doesn't hurt anyone.it sets boundaries well thats as far as I'm cooncerned.

simon

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Youth crime in South Wales http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21418823 and the country as a whole is decining and youth behaviour overall is improving https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/03/03/british-public-unaware-revolution-youth-behaviour/

Throwing things off motorway bridges is particularly stupid and tends to carry very heavy punishments. Its not a new phenomena though sadly, here is a report of two incidents from 2003/2004, one of which was commited by a couple 12yr olds the other a 20yr old.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/3703549.stm

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm glad here in Australia we have police that actually do stuff.
I mean, if you get in a pursuit they will pull out of it soon after it starts to reduce danger, but if someone burns a building, the police are quite quick with figuring out what happened. Everyone it too scared to burn down a house, and we have laws restricting purchases of dangerous items!

But mobile phones?
I see more people on their phones than I should.

Finally, many people can't drive manuals, and have no incentive to! Hell, people BRAG about being lazy and spending all day on phones. I can't even drive, but I already know how to shift gears in a full manual.

I know about two other car enthusiasts irl, and am teaching a third!

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's definitely not all the youth of today, many youths are ashamed of their generation today. It's a natural phenomena that all generations view the next generation as worse. In reality, the crime rates in the UK among the youth is lower today than it was for the prior generation. Shocking, ey?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts