GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
That must be the lightweight version.
50k, they must be off their fu*king heads. How long will the bubble last?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I’m absolutely STUNNED this can even sell for £20,000.

I’m even more shocked R34 GTT’s sell for more than R32 GT-R’s and R33 GTST’s sell for nearly the same.

Ridiculous.

·
Vendor
3,410 Posts
They all repair, and the classic car market is very strong for sort after models.

I’d rather have a R35 dba in tidy Nick in the garage but there not everybody’s cup of tea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was talking to an American importer myself, that market does not shy away from rust and or repairs. It seems they like to buy cars that need work.
Unverified mileage is also not an issue to them. Different strokes for different folks i guess.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
if that is what you can see it's worse underneath... just think of those US cars with 1/2inch thick plating all over

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Seen many in even worse condition fetch a fair amount at auction this being one of them, most are going to USA/AUS. They no longer care about the rust, paint, repair issues!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The market has gone mad. I was looking at the price of Series 3 R33 GTRs in japan and they aren't even legal yet in the US and they are starting at around 5.5mil yen for a grade R. I suppose thats what happens when you have a reletively small number of cars available for a sudden huge market of demand.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The market has gone mad. I was looking at the price of Series 3 R33 GTRs in japan and they aren't even legal yet in the US and they are starting at around 5.5mil yen for a grade R. I suppose thats what happens when you have a reletively small number of cars available for a sudden huge market of demand.
Not long left before the 1997 R33 is legal, you are correct most of the lower grade (although grading is no longer trustworthy) are going for 5.5 mil jpy +

·
Vendor
3,410 Posts
some of the cars have been welded up in japan these days, at the end of the day it’s an island surrounded by salt water, if it’s not been stored right it’s going to have rust and rot issues

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos Matty - shows the detail eh!

I did have a look at this one for a few minutes!

There are a couple others currently for sale in Japan at £75K & £90k - but with 135000km + :oops:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos Matty - shows the detail eh!

I did have a look at this one for a few minutes!

There are a couple others currently for sale in Japan at £75K & £90k - but with 135000km + :oops:
Another one at auctions this week, clean grade 4 with 67,000km, start price 4800000 jpy / £31,000.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts