GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying this LM20 GTR number 1 of 20.
Thoughts????
It’s got 5 owners
First owner is obviously Litchfield then 4 owners after him. So I’ll be the 6th...
17000miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£73,000
It looks good
5 owners, was putting me off abit
I’ll be the 6th owner

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
I've worked on this car and it's a tidy car, the lm20 is a nice car if your going to use it for what it was mainly designed around which is track use. I owned number 20 in the same colour i personally preferred the stock car purely because of the ride quality and i missed the my previous Katsura Orange 17car. The Lm20 handles exceptionally well at high speed and in cornering but on daily use its a bit harsher and sits lower so speed bumps and drive ways can be a bit challenging. We did some security bits and dashcam installation on the car. The lady who owned the car at the time only had it for a few weeks and then decided to trade it in for a Mercedes amg gtr. Unfortunately alot of the Lm20`s have a few owners because personally i think it was overrated and didn't do as well as they thought it would. Im thinking of selling mine if your interested. 07973733441

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think it’s not that well kept. I enquired about this vehicle and the service history is out of line of what I’d expect even though the dealer didn’t seem to think so!

Convo as of March 2020

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Lots of GTRs have a high number of owners, same with many high performance cars as people buy them and only keep them for a short period of time before moving them on When they realise the cost of of ownership.

·
Registered
669 Posts
almost 4 years
Litchfield first owner 1
Then 4 owners after him
so 5 in total
Next person will be 6th
If you keep the car 1 year it’ll have 6 owners in 4 years and if you keep in 10 years it’ll have 6 owners in 13 years. It’s all relative.
What put me off is the servicing intervals seemed to have been missed between all this changing ownerships. I’d rather have a well maintained vehicle which is usually correlated with caring owners which is correlated with them keeping it a while generally meaning they have a low number of owners.

·
Registered
38 Posts
almost 4 years
Litchfield first owner 1
Then 4 owners after him
so 5 in total
Next person will be 6th
lol 4 years Old car, 5 owners... Less than a year for each owner, is this the typical Length of time GTR owners keeps their car?

·
Vendor
2,033 Posts
I personally love the lm 20’s I think it’s a good alround car, often ive thought about buying one but the timing never seems the best.

The advertised one seems a little expensive, maybe some negotiating can be made to reduce the price.

Anyway good luck and keep us posted to how you get on.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Agree with the statement about performance cars and short ownership periods not being alarming by itself. I keep my "toys" 1 year tops. Why? I grow tired of them and want something else :)
My dailies I keep for a few years since they are for transportation not so much for joy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im the 10th owner of my 11plate,all in great condition,solid engine etc.I think each owner has done a bit to it and tackled any issues so im more than pleased with multiple owners....

·
Registered
281 Posts
Interesting that it has been upgraded to 760 bhp in June 2020 so assume done by Litchfields. OP I would call Litchfields as they saw the car only last month and get their appraisal of the car, and their view of the servicing of this car.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
It's a limited edition model so finding other options available for sale would be more difficult than a regular car.........BUT.......if this was a regular model car 4 years old with missed services and high number of owners being advertised for "all the money" I don't believe people would be so forgiving :unsure:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts