GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 20 years in business (and 9 years tuning R35 GT-Rs) Litchfield Motors decided to celebrate with 20 new modified cars with a factory equaling 3 year warranty.

This encouraged me to come back to R35 ownership after 3 years in an MY10, MY11 and MY14 then a 3 year break.

The idea was the right blend of usability and performance, not silly power.

I chose build slot 17. LM20 no17.
Seemed apt as it's a 17 reg car on the new shape MY17 GT-R platform.
Here she is:

The LM20s delivered so far (there are 4 slots left) have all been based on the normal GT-R.

But wanting something a bit edgier I askd for the Track Edition, with an amount of work by Nismo under the skin including the hand welded Nissan bonded chassis for better handling.

As Nissan UK has not sold many Track Editions (currently 3) they keep no stock, hence a three month wait... but it arrived two weeks ago at the UK port.

Nissan collected it and send it straight to Litchfield Motors for the LM20 treatment.

Track Edition has the following extras over the stock Nissan GT-R.
Nismo welded/bonded chassis.
Nismo front hubs.
Wider front wings.
Optional Nismo carbon boot lid.
Carbon rear spoiler.
Red stitched interior.
Track Edition plaque.

Litchfield then add the following as part of their limited run of 20 new LM20 GT-Rs.

ENGINE
Litchfield 102 mm exhaust system with Sports Cats
Cast turbo downpipes
Larger fuel injectors
High flow fuel pumps
Litchfield air intake kit
Litchfield boost hoses
Litchfield intercooler
Litchfield Version 6 custom ECU calibration
4 switchable maps for fuel octane
Adjustable boost levels
iPhone/iPad connectivity
Upgraded gearbox software

SUSPENSION
Litchfield/Bilstein Damptronic
Custom Eibach springs and anti-roll bar

BRAKES
400 mm Alcon front rotors with lightweight bells
380 mm Alcon rear rotors
Upgraded brake pads front and rear
Goodridge braided brake lines
Litchfield silver brake calipers

WHEELS
Lightweight RAYS Volk Racing TE37

TYRES
Michelin Pilot Sport 4

EXTERIOR
Litchfield carbon front lip spoiler
Litchfield carbon front grille blade
Litchfield carbon rear spoiler extension
Litchfield carbon rear bumper vents

INTERIOR
Alcantara steering wheel with red band
Unique badging with internal build number plaque

This leaves you with a very impressive and special car.

I then added one extra thing that wasn't on the list...

A full Carbon Ceramic brake kit from Alcon including new (lighter/better) calipers, which seemed fitting for the only LM20 to date to be built on the Track Edition base car.

The car is amazing.

Quoted performance is:
POWER: 675 PS (666 bhp)
TORQUE: 833 nm @ 2,100 rpm (615 lb-ft), 813 nm @ 2,500-5,100 rpm (600 lb-ft)
ACCELERATION: 2.5 secs 0-60 mph, 5.7 secs 0-100 mph
TOP SPEED: 203 mph

Needless to say it's very, very fast.
And stops amazingly quickly.
But with the LM changes it also handles really well and you have more feel than in a normal R35.

I am so glad I went for the Track Edition, as the base car for the LM20.
It's a beast.
Love the engraved wheels too.

It's not a silly big power GT-R, but it's a great car and can get all the power down nearly anywhere.
Exactly the point of the LM20 and why I personally would leave it as standard LM20 as possible.

Blisteringly fast point to point car.
And I still have my 3 year new car warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Excellent, Congrats! One of the loveliest ones I've seen, TE37s go well with the orange :)
Didn't realise they have sport cats now, cool :)
Ceramics make a huge improvement on the steering feel.
Do LM20s also come with the handling kit? (you've missed it on the spec list :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Wow that is lovely!!! A friend of mine (Ella) who came to see you at the weekend said she is now sold on the 35 haha - must be very special. It looks fantastic :D

All the best,

James

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Perfect spec. well done and congratulations!!!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts
Cracking set-up. Amazed that more track spec R35s haven't been sold.

I wonder how much unsprung mass you've saved with those wheels and brakes. I'll wager that that saving will help the ride and the feel of the car.

Knowing that R35 owners like to name their cars could I suggest that henceforth the car is referred to as the Ginger Ninja?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cracking set-up. Amazed that more track spec R35s haven't been sold.

I wonder how much unsprung mass you've saved with those wheels and brakes. I'll wager that that saving will help the ride and the feel of the car.

Knowing that R35 owners like to name their cars could I suggest that henceforth the car is referred to as the Ginger Ninja?
Never been into the naming thing! :chuckle:

But I think you are right on the handling, mass.
With the Litchfield handling kit and reduced mass the steering feels more like one of the older Skyline GT-Rs than an R35.
It's very responsive, edgier and much more kart like for such a big heavy car.

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts
Congrats, Godzilla looks superb! With the config you have gone for, the ultimate R35 setup? I think so!

- question - 'Nissan collected it and send it straight to Litchfield Motors for the LM20 treatment.

So, Nissan happy to send a new car direct to Litchfields to be modified? wowsers!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats, Godzilla looks superb! With the config you have gone for, the ultimate R35 setup? I think so!

- question - 'Nissan collected it and send it straight to Litchfield Motors for the LM20 treatment.

So, Nissan happy to send a new car direct to Litchfields to be modified? wowsers!
Thanks.

Yes Litchfield take the car direct from Nissan, who are fully aware of the LM20 project.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Absolutely fantastic spec and congrats. I am so tempted. What a Track Edition ought to be and you probably have a better all round car than a Nismo.
Could you post a pic of the steering wheel if you dont mind as personally I don't like the standard one on MY17 and keen to seen the Litchfield one.
Thanks. Rich.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts