GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
96k is a crazy amount of money imo for mods that can be all added to any gtr and get the same results

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
I'd buy that in a heartbeat rather than put the "best mods" on afterwards.

You know it's done right.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
96k is a crazy amount of money imo for mods that can be all added to any gtr and get the same results

Didnt someone price it up though and find out theres a significant saving of buying an LM1 over buying a new GTR and modding it after.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Definitely done right and I suppose Litchfield add warranty to it .. It sounds amazing reckon I might get the Litchfield 102 on mine after hearing that

·
Registered
142 Posts
Didnt someone price it up though and find out theres a significant saving of buying an LM1 over buying a new GTR and modding it after.
Don't know I suppose there could be what's a brand new my17 85k ??

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was thinking of the results that can be had modifying older r35's

·
Ooo Matron !
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
True I'm taking some heat here I will just shut up ;)
Unfortunately you have failed to spot that for £96k or so you get the car thrown in !
:D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The deal aint too bad when you price it all up seperately.

But you have to take into account development costs.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
True I'm taking some heat here I will just shut up ;)

But you were right :) 78k for the car, and you get to keep all the expensive bits you change. Same car for a fair bit less than an LM20, but we aint supposed to say that round here. To be fair it's not a bad price, just not the bargain some people like to spout.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well i like mine, i dont think its a bargain ( its nearly 100k) but i do think its good value for money, i did my due diligence on the cost implications of doing it bit by bit and the time frames involved, i do live in manchester btw, and i think its a good deal.

only my opinion of course

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
But you were right :) 78k for the car, and you get to keep all the expensive bits you change. Same car for a fair bit less than an LM20, but we aint supposed to say that round here. To be fair it's not a bad price, just not the bargain some people like to spout.
It's not a bargain, and I have ordered.
But it is well priced.

It's a new modified car with none of the usual concerns about Nissan moaning if anything breaks because Litchfield back up the 3 year warranty.

It's also a well thought out (IMO) set of mods that pretty much makes the perfect R35 GT-R if you are not one of the big-bhp types.

Stock new GT-R is 82, you can get a bit off. £78k if you have looked.
LM20 Package would be £16k+ I believe.
So you are a bit in front.

But you get a warranty for a full 3 years on a modded car.
And it's not just a modded car when you sell, it's one of only 20 LM20s which will carry a small premium.

And you can choose to keep the old wheels/tyres/suspension if you really want it for a very reasonable cost.
I am keeping my OEM rims/wheels for spares/track days.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Kind of agree but the only thing of any real value are the wheels ?

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Did some calculations and based on an £80k Recaro new, it comes to £93k before you buy the carbon aero parts and steering wheel. So allows you £5k for those bits but you don't get your original parts, on the flip side, you get the warranty and exclusivity

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Did some calculations and based on an £80k Recaro new, it comes to £93k before you buy the carbon aero parts and steering wheel. So allows you £5k for those bits but you don't get your original parts, on the flip side, you get the warranty and exclusivity
Including labour?
What's the breakdown?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts