GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've only ever drove a stock GTR on a test drive for around 10 minutes from Nissan and it was mediocre and didn't buy it, I had a Huracan, R8 etc before so I knew what i wanted in a car, a year later jumping in the seat of the LM20 when having the chance and I instantly bought it. The noise, the fun, the handling and the power is just amazing. The itch is always there to drive it!
Awesome... them boys at Litchfield know what they are doing!..

I know the feeling, my GTR put a smile on my face every time I drove it! : )

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
No 17

Had mine ppf'ed and ceramic coated. Looking Amazing, driving even better.

Still totally stock as left Litchfield @ birth. Other than sound deadening, likely to remain that way. If it ain't broke :)...

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I didn***8217;t already have my stage 4 gtr I would have looked to get an Lm20 although my son would prefer an R8 v10 plus it***8217;s not as if he***8217;s going to buy it, typical uni student.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
LM 20***8217;s are awesome, if it was***8217;nt for a house purchase and a car for the wife I would have one.

Just dreaming for now

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I***8217;ve looked at the grey stage 5 one at Litchfields more than once, but I missed the track edition one when it was for sale due to needing my money for the house and that would be my one of choice.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Contemplated the LM20 but couldn’t justify the price for what it is, but they do look good though.

Would rather buy a decent EBA and spend on mods to suit my preference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve looked at the grey stage 5 one at Litchfields more than once, but I missed the track edition one when it was for sale due to needing my money for the house and that would be my one of choice.
I was going to buy that the minute it was posted, they didn't want to take £87,500 at the time as it was posted for £93,000 now its down to £85,000.

Glad I went with #2 with stage 4.25 as I wasn't feeling too keen on Stage 5 without forge.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I’m loving my LM20 (20/20). Despite the power etc the TE37 wheels make it for me
I was hating them as them were a B*tch to keep shiney. Watermarks reduced mine to a dull mess. Them I had them ceramic coated ... beautiful, wipe clean bronzy glossy!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I think there quite good value at the side of what Nissan has to offer.

They probably have a better warranty than Nissan.

Litchfields probably have the most experience in std and modified cars than any other business in the country, they have invested heavily in equipment and offer a professional service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey all...

Just wanted to ask your thoughts on something... the LM20 Stage 5 on Litchfield Manifolds (£86k) and Track edition - stage 4.5 with carbon seats and Alckon Big Break kit (£90k) are still for sale at Litchfields. I'm in the market still for a GTR, and although my price bracket started at much much much lower price than what they are for sale for, due to my excitement and my expectations (I would mod a std one anyway), my idea on what I might be able to afford has jumped up quite a bit ?, though I wouldn't spend 90k on a car so would need a slightly better deal...

Considering that these cars have been advertised for sometime now and there seems to be lots of good deals out there on GTRs at the moment, what do you think about their price points, taking into consideration the mods?.. good or bad deals?.. And will they depreciate well, as I don't want to be massively out of pocket in two - three years?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Andy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone know the LM20 for sale at gravelwood cars??
Did they all come with TE37? As this one has a set of TSW Nurburgrings fitted.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Litchfields had a grey one for sale with efr’s fitted, low mileage and owners, would have liked it myself.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Litchfields had a grey one for sale with efr’s fitted, low mileage and owners, would have liked it myself.
Litchfields has a few on there site for sale, 2 of which are lower mileage and cheaper than the one at Gravelwood, I don't fancy his chances of selling that at that price when it would cost for about £5.5k to put the right wheels and tyres back on it.

Out of my budget anyway, just wondered if anyone knew the car and why it doesn't have the correct wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
That's the one I'd go for. I've seen it in the flesh and it looks lovely. Seen the owner drive it to so know its been well looked after.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was at Litchfield's yesterday and the one at Gravelwood reg XPV was there in the car park. Its number 3/20 and I think it may have been LUDEZ on here previously. They did have supply problems with the TE37's originally so the first few LM20's had TSW's until the TE37's arrived. Perhaps the owner preferred the TSW's or a future owner preferred them.
Rich.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was at Litchfield's yesterday and the one at Gravelwood reg XPV was there in the car park. Its number 3/20 and I think it may have been LUDEZ on here previously. They did have supply problems with the TE37's originally so the first few LM20's had TSW's until the TE37's arrived. Perhaps the owner preferred the TSW's or a future owner preferred them.
Rich.
Ah right... May of came like it then, big difference in the cost between the TSW and the TE37.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Litchfields has a few on there site for sale, 2 of which are lower mileage and cheaper than the one at Gravelwood, I don't fancy his chances of selling that at that price when it would cost for about £5.5k to put the right wheels and tyres back on it.

Out of my budget anyway, just wondered if anyone knew the car and why it doesn't have the correct wheels.
Rich.
Still own it, isn’t for sale anymore never really was had a change of heart, car has TE37’s don’t run them in the winter ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Still own it, isn’t for sale anymore never really was had a change of heart, car has TE37’s don’t run them in the winter
Good call.
The finish on the Rays don't stand up well against road salt. I ruined a set of bronze CE28N years ago running them all year round.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts