GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments guys but lets get things into perspective. Gundam is 1000+ hp and Boxer is circa 850. It was unfortunate that for whatever reason Gundam wasn't performing optimally when he raced me. We need to bare in mind that this is not a like for like comparison as I wasn't running race fuel and my car was limited to 7000rpm so it wouldn't be much of a comparison between the two. I'll be interested to hear what you guys think what gains could have been had in terms of mph with race fuel, delimiting, full boost and better tires as I hit 194.8 (as results will show) on the timing gear, not 185.
Good response.

Can everyone chill now?

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Although there is a point there about reliability. I have just pulled out of 10 best 13 because I wont be 100% about my reliability as shakedown would have only been 1 week before. To Make a fast car, then the next day / week take it to a competitive venue is just asking to be embarrassed. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. On this occasion it did not.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
R35 Boxer, John was running race fuel on his Stage 4 and hitting from memory 189mph, in comparison to the other Stage 4's hitting 180 - 184mph area, not to mention he was getting Stage 5 performance 0-60 and 0-100 figures (2.9 and 5.9 seconds) so I'd say there is a fair bit of difference there from the race fuel.

Wouldn't like to speculate what you could of achieved though other than you'd have seen an increase in top speed I'm certain.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Didn't realise this was some kind of competition to see who the fastest was. For me it was about meeting like minded people and having some fun. Who gives a toss if one car hit 207mph probably had treble what boxer spent on his and as has been already mentioned is an unreliable machine. Seems childish really. ultimately the GTR'S collectively destroyed the supercars and that was what mattered.

·
Registered
215 Posts
From memory: Mercedes SLS, Ferrari F12, Lamborghini Aventador, Porsche 9ff, Porsche turbo S, a 700bhp Audi RS6. I'm sure there is a list somewhere

·
Registered
692 Posts
From memory: Mercedes SLS, Ferrari F12, Lamborghini Aventador, Porsche 9ff, Porsche turbo S, a 700bhp Audi RS6. I'm sure there is a list somewhere
There were 2 SLRs and a Lambo Gallardo, 996 Turbo, 458 Fez to add a few more.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Some of the replies on here are so childish, it's embarrassing.

Takamo, grow up will you, I literally cringed reading your replies.

Boxer, mate what a car you have there, looks phenomenal.
Glad you got it sorted and hope you enjoy it after your wait.
Very happy for you and great response to some of the nonsense being posted on here ( inevitable ).

S14 hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
to be honest i didn't realize we were trying for best trap speeds till the end.

to me it seemed like everyone was just having a shoot out with each other and most races people took their foot off before the 1 mile marker. Apart from the 2-3 warm up run's me and the wife were like "woohoo didnt expect to beat that" and just slowed down before the end. It was our first time at one of these events so will try harder next time. :)

·
Vendor
6,180 Posts
Some of the replies on here are so childish, it's embarrassing.

Takamo, grow up will you, I literally cringed reading your replies.

Boxer, mate what a car you have there, looks phenomenal.
Glad you got it sorted and hope you enjoy it after your wait.
Very happy for you and great response to some of the nonsense being posted on here ( inevitable ).

S14 hit the nail on the head.
Tabz keep your comments to yourself bro and yes he did piss, shit and fart all over the so called 1000bhp car. A race is a race no excuses..... Well done boxer bro:smokin:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Oops!

I seemed to have stumble onto the wrong thread..... Don't normally come into the r35 section, for good reason,... Some attitudes don't change though:chuckle:

Need to get back to designing and machining some bespoke items for my r34 gtr...MYSELF! It's all about the budget and freebies

Some people crack me up..lol

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'm sure Iain and boxer don't need you fighting there corner at every given chance.

Looking at posts relating to Litchfield, you seem to always have a comment.
Actually quite off putting for any potential customers wanting to use Litchfield.
Have you ever considered you are doing more harm to his business then good.

You are no better then the one you despise (kev). Some what hypocritical.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I think the arguing needs to stop as this thread should be about Boxers build and talk should be of how well the GT-R's performed against rival high-performance cars where we're all united, regardless of whom tuned the car.

I think the GT-Rs left in standard OEM Nissan tuned form, and those tuned by INDY's all performed as I expected very well. However expectations and evidence are different things and now it's been evidenced the GT-R is a serious weapon for me first hand.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
I think the arguing needs to stop as this thread should be about Boxers build and talk should be of how well the GT-R's performed against rival high-performance cars where we're all united, regardless of whom tuned the car.

I think the GT-Rs left in standard OEM Nissan tuned form, and those tuned by INDY's all performed as I expected very well. However expectations and evidence are different things and now it's been evidenced the GT-R is a serious weapon for me first hand.
I agree. It was good to see some real world comparisons against the supercars which proved that the GTR is definitely a supercar killer.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Don't want to reignite any arguments but I just see that someone stated the top 7 spots at SCD. Does that mean the results are on the web some where? I know I will be at the bottom with just a stage one lol, but interested to see how we all faired against the Supercars. After all that's what the event was about :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Firstly the video shows he spanked his bottom, but that aside boxers car is super quick considering its a fresh build and was only running 1.5 bar boost, you will always be sore over anything Iain touches its nothing new!

Farooq
a fresh build from what i see on here gundam was still running in on the way there so you could expect problems

·
Super Moderator
15,533 Posts
Right I have removed personal insults and argument from this thread. If I see more of this people will be getting a holiday.:chairshot

201 - 220 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.