221 - 240 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Toni :thumbsup:

Nice thread about a good car.
Shame to see it spammed up.

Look forward to seeing it at a meet sometime...

or preferably a track day. :bowdown1:
I wouldn't mind a track day in the summer to see what the car will do. Might have a crack at it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
882.7hp

Finally managed to head down to SRR today and the car performed well. I was running a bit late so I put in £15 worth of regular unleaded near the dyno. With the normal fuel the car managed 837.7hp which was down to the low RON and low amount of fuel which caused the temperature of the fuel to rise quickly.
The car was then filled with 102RON fuel to which it achieved 882.7hp at 1.6 bar. I didnt want to raise the boost any higher due to having a standard gearbox.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Finally managed to head down to SRR today and the car performed well. I was running a bit late so I put in £15 worth of regular unleaded near the dyno. With the normal fuel the car managed 837.7hp which was down to the low RON and low amount of fuel which caused the temperature of the fuel to rise quickly.
The car was then filled with 102RON fuel to which it achieved 882.7hp at 1.6 bar. I didnt want to raise the boost any higher due to having a standard gearbox.
Excellent! You must be over the moon.:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
As Iain said this is a sweet spot, the ultimate road machine.

It was a big mistake not filling up with v-power but looking at the results Iain said it would be right around the 850 mark. I'll be going down again in the coming months with v-power just to get the full figures.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
As you said in my thread, same spec as mine will be, and you have the same turbos too.

Nice to know what mine could do once forged.

Shame it's not going to get there as my turbo set up has been sold.

any chance you can post the graph?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #230 (Edited)
If you have a built gearbox you'll manage more than that and also on a cooler day it'll produce between 10-15hp more

Once I'm back at home I'll upload it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
With all the talk of big gearbox builds it's surprising to hear of quite a few people running big power with stock gears and the box coping well. Doesn't look like you take it too easy on the gearbox either judging by the drag strip videos.

H

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Thanks guys

The gearbox can handle the power and torque but it has to be limited. Currently I'm running around 800ft lbs of torque with only circlips, magnets and clutch but if the gearbox was done it could be raised to around 900. So yes the car is able enough to handle the grunt but it's best to do the box to release the full potential.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats just awsome, still buzzing on the passenger roller coaster ride you blessed us with couple weeks ago, hate to see you hold back due to the transmission, I know you love launching as well, 1st gear a must, as for the rest of the gears, you need to pay me a visit.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
Thats just awsome, still buzzing on the passenger roller coaster ride you blessed us with couple weeks ago, hate to see you hold back due to the transmission, I know you love launching as well, 1st gear a must, as for the rest of the gears, you need to pay me a visit.
I think I'll leave the box as it is for now, I'll only do it if it breaks.

221 - 240 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.