Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
VMAX 200

Just arrived back from a great day at Bruntingthorpe. The car performed great on the runway reaching a maximum 212mph indicated which was right on the limiter. It made mince meat of a SLR, Aventador, Turbo s, GT2, R8 twin turbo, 750hp RS6 and many more. On the first run it managed to beat Gundam to the end with better acceleration but nowhere the 230mph top speed of Gundam! I would've loved to achieve a higher top speed but the car kept cutting the power towards the top end of 6th gear which I was then told by John Miskin that it was due to having very low fuel. Its safe to say that my tires are completely shot and will definitely need replacing today as they were spinning a lot on the last few runs but still allowed me to achieve a 0-60 in 2.9 and 0-100 in 5.8 on the original sized Dunlops. Next upgrade will be Toyo R888s for the added grip. Nice meeting the forum members in person and having a nice chat with Amar and the SVM crew.
Videos will be uploaded shortly.

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Hi,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. The whole day was very enjoyable and some stunning cars turned up.

Just got back to the work, going to try and upload some in car footage before I head of home.

Regards
Amar

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Hi,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. The whole day was very enjoyable and some stunning cars turned up.

Just got back to the work, going to try and upload some in car footage before I head of home.

Regards
Amar
The 230mph needs to be uploaded immediately, the way it accelerates from 120 is unreal, truly amazing!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
212mph is great going, Nice to see a GTR showing the supercars how it's done ;)
Thanks mate. Tbh the supercars weren't much of a match. The only car that came close was a tuned turbo s which kept up until 100 then it was bye bye ;)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Put simply that is phenomenal, R35 Boxer you are being very modest (credit to you) 212mph is not to be taken lightly, and the fact it gets there with relative ease only adds to the lure of GTR tuning.

Sounds awesome in the vids and looks shockingly quick off the mark.

Stunning car being used for what it was intended, well done mate.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Put simply that is phenomenal, R35 Boxer you are being very modest (credit to you) 212mph is not to be taken lightly, and the fact it gets there with relative ease only adds to the lure of GTR tuning.

Sounds awesome in the vids and looks shockingly quick off the mark.

Stunning car being used for what it was intended, well done mate.
Thanks Tabz, very kind of you.
The fact that you can drive there, do multiple 200+mph runs and then drive home just shows how amazing the GTR really is.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Japshow

Took the car down to the Japshow today and it performed extremely well doing a 10.6 at 134mph on the low boost map and stock launch control without boost off the line. I didn't want to use the full 1.8 bar and boost off the line as it would've been a lot of strain on the gearbox considering how many runs it did at VMAX the day before. Definitely going to go back soon on the full map and better tires and hopefully get low 10s maybe even high 9s. Another big surprise was a friend of mines RS6 which had a MRC 750hp tune which managed 11.5 on the strip considering it weighs almost 2 tonnes! Definitely the best family saloon.

LM850 1/4 Mile Run 10.6 on low boost - YouTube

·
Registered
85 Posts
212mph is great going, Nice to see a GTR showing the supercars how it's done ;)
I see the official time by VMax for the LM850 was 201mph :(
Speedo a little out then? However well done for being in the 200mph club:clap:

What was up with David Yu? Jamie you having a pull soon?Lol

P

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Nice to meet you and your bro Boxer! Keep in touch and let me know when the next meet is. The drive down was immense! B
Nice meeting you too Buzz. PM me your number and I'll send you a video of your car going down the strip if you want it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I see the official time by VMax for the LM850 was 201mph :(
Speedo a little out then? However well done for being in the 200mph club:clap:

What was up with David Yu? Jamie you having a pull soon?Lol

P
Yes 212 was the speedo speed, they tend to be not as accurate as the vboxs, either way anything over 200 is good for me :)
David was having some problems with his map but I believe he has sorted it out now. I recall he managed 194 on the vbox which is very good considering his map needed some work on it.

241 - 260 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.