Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Car Detailed

Just had the car detailed and the results are utterly outstanding. It was carried out by a mobile valeter Precision Detail I can honestly say the car looks the best it ever has. The car was first fully snow foamed then clay barred to remove all the contaminants.

It was then machine and hand polished for 4 hours and coated with a layer of Swissvax.

He also worked his magic on the interior and brought a new life to the seats. All the creases and blemishes on them have been completely removed!
Before:

After:

All the work excluding the interior was £200 which I consider extremely good value. But having done all this a business opportunity has come along which may result in the possibility of the car being put up for sale in the coming weeks :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Clutch failure?

Driving along yesterday at circa 4000rpm when clutch temperature warning light appeared on the dash and the rev needle hit the limiter without the car accelerating. I came to a stop and tried to set off with first gear engaged but there was no drive. The engine was just revving with first gear engaged. This also happened when reverse gear was engaged.

Called Iain and had the car recovered to Litchfields this morning at 10am (sorry for the trouble mate). Will have the box out tomorrow to diagnose the fault but severely disappointed. I will be visiting Litchfields myself tomorrow to inspect the damage once the gearbox has been taken out. Any ideas what has caused this?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
dodson superstock. iain told me that it was capable of handling our torque figures (800ft/lbs). Has been perfectly fine for a few race events and day to day use.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
You would think a clutch would slip before giving up altogether, hope its something simple, keep us updated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yes same as your problem and no drive. Was a seal failure can't remember if it was piston A or B, One is odd gears and other even gears.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds like something else, Jamie's right if clutch going it would slip first.

Check jurgens Gtr he had slip at totb 13 but could still drive it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Quick update

Box is out today and it turns out that it was the piston seal that failed causing the loss of drive. I told Iain I really needed to have my car back ASAP to which he replied 'The replacement is going in now and the gearbox is being put back in the car as speak' If that isn't great customer service I don't know what is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Should be leaving to pick the car up in an hour. Massive thanks to Iain, Dan and the boys

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Unbelievable service, you'd be waiting 5 days at my local Nissan just for them to push it in from outside to the workshop.

261 - 280 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.