GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Great stuff, considering how much they have on the go that's brilliant. Glad you are back up and running so quickly mate.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Thanks guys, credit to Iain and the boys. Just got back from Litchfields, car is back to normal :) Thanks again to Iain for fitting me in since they had a cancellation, can't ask for better service.

·
Vendor
6,234 Posts
Quick update

Box is out today and it turns out that it was the piston seal that failed causing the loss of drive. I told Iain I really needed to have my car back ASAP to which he replied 'The replacement is going in now and the gearbox is being put back in the car as speak' If that isn't great customer service I don't know what is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Should be leaving to pick the car up in an hour. Massive thanks to Iain, Dan and the boys
Great service from a great bunch of guys.... Glad you got it sorted brother inshaAllah it will be 100% perfect :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
R35Boxer,

You must have been going some to snap the basket, making full use of that power I assume. Surely you need to consider uprating the basket or it's bound to happen again? Either that or maybe hold back on the launching!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Quality build there :thumbsup: ... how is it on a daily basis? Do you use it daily?
Also does the newer bumper fit straight on or did you need to mod it?

·
Vendor
317 Posts
Such a awesome car, such a monster on the road. Im glad you got it back and Iain never fails to impress!!! even thow im still waiting for my email "/ lol but his customer service is 100%

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
R35Boxer,

You must have been going some to snap the basket, making full use of that power I assume. Surely you need to consider uprating the basket or it's bound to happen again? Either that or maybe hold back on the launching!
At the time I was just driving sensible around town but considering that this part was made to handle 550hp on stock cars but it's been more than able to handle near enough 900hp on 2 track days and a few launches. If it happens again which I doubt I'll be looking at doing the complete box.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Quality build there :thumbsup: ... how is it on a daily basis? Do you use it daily?
Also does the newer bumper fit straight on or did you need to mod it?
It's incredible, it's just like a normal GTR day to day the way it drives except it's got a lot more power! I use it every other day to drive to work as I only work 2 miles from my house.

The bumper does fit but you need to change an oil duct and some intercooler piping to the MY11 spec. Not easy to find the complete bumpers though!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Such a awesome car, such a monster on the road. Im glad you got it back and Iain never fails to impress!!! even thow im still waiting for my email "/ lol but his customer service is 100%
Thanks bro, give him a call as they are incredibly busy.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
At the time I was just driving sensible around town but considering that this part was made to handle 550hp on stock cars but it's been more than able to handle near enough 900hp on 2 track days and a few launches. If it happens again which I doubt I'll be looking at doing the complete box.
You can create the wear that causes it to break by putting 800lbft through it when on track or launching.

It doesn't need to be under high stress when it lets go, but if there's a history of it, it shouldn't come as a surprise when it gives up.

Sounds like you don't have much choice other than to look at upgrading options.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
I drive a lot harder than others so I'm very impressed that the part lasted that long with the odd launch here and there. I've had my fun now so my driving style has changed and I'd expect no gearbox to appear for at least the next 6 months minimum.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Have you tested it with a Vbox yet? I remember you had your name on the group buy.
No I didn't purchase it at the time, need to get one next time I'm at Litchfields. At Vmax I used one of the vboxs and recorded 0-60 in 2.9 and 0-100 in 5.8 but the tyres were completely shot. Once I get some R888s or MPSS I'll have another go but even on this set up 0-60 is definitely under 3 seconds.

281 - 300 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.