Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 360 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Dodson gearset

Just thought I'd update this as it has been a while. Decided to go for a full 1-6 gearset from Dodson Motorsport including all shift forks and other ancillaries in order to make full use of the power. The gearset has been built up by Litchfields over the weekend and should be back in the car tomorrow ready for a dyno run during the week at some point. Now that finally the boost and torque aren't restricted I'm hoping to get close to 950hp :cool: Boxer is back :chuckle:

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just thought I'd update this as it has been a while. Decided to go for a full 1-6 gearset from Dodson Motorsport including all shift forks and other ancillaries in order to make full use of the power. The gearset has been built up by Litchfields over the weekend and should be back in the car tomorrow ready for a dyno run during the week at some point. Now that finally the boost and torque aren't restricted I'm hoping to get close to 950hp :cool: Boxer is back :chuckle:
Am looking to seeing the graphs, especially how much torque it's putting out!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hope its work out great for you , I have been like 1 year last month waiting to get my trans sorted after all sorts of problems with the gears/clutch, which clutch did you got with for your trans ?

·
Registered
444 Posts
MahShaAllah awesome machine. Will be nice to see it back on the street of Birmingham :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Hope its work out great for you , I have been like 1 year last month waiting to get my trans sorted after all sorts of problems with the gears/clutch, which clutch did you got with for your trans ?
I think with these builds you can take a chance with a standard gearbox but you really do need a full gearset sooner or later, I've stuck with the 14 plate Dodson clutch at the moment.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Even though the car was ready last month I finally managed to pick it up yesterday after being super busy with work commitments. Now that the gearbox is sorted Iain has managed to adjust the map so all the power and torque if effectively utilised, the way it accelerates now is just mind boggling! It makes the previous set up seem almost docile. This is probably the perfect power level for the street and a real sweet spot. The whine from the gearset is not as intrusive as I thought it'd be, I like the rally/GT3 sound it makes :chuckle: Many thanks to Iain and the team as usual for faultless service, looking forward to seeing them tomorrow after Autosport for some food :thumbsup:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Has it been on the dyno since the new gear set got fitted? If so have you got the graphs to compare ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Has it been on the dyno since the new gear set got fitted? If so have you got the graphs to compare ?
Yes it has been on Litchfields dyno for mapping, I haven't got the graph but will post later. The torque kicks in a lot earlier now, if I remember correctly its producing 700ftlbs at 3k rpm. BHP wise I'm going to run it again soon as it was dyno'd on Wednesday with v power that was in the tank since October as that was the last time I drove the car!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what it makes. 700 lb/ft at 3k is good going ,what turbos are you using ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thats very impressive results. I cant see my turbos making anywhere near 700 lb/ft at 3k rpm

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you look at Blades graph, 700lb/ft at 3k is a decent improvement over what he achieved. It would be good to see a graph Boxer when you go back to Litchfield.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Very nice Boxer!
Would be nice to see the dyno :)

If you look at Blades graph, 700lb/ft at 3k is a decent improvement over what he achieved. It would be good to see a graph Boxer when you go back to Litchfield.
Blades' results are on a stock engine and gearbox so torque will be managed, so not sure of the relevance?

Protegimus

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
Very nice Boxer!
Would be nice to see the dyno :)

Blades' results are on a stock engine and gearbox so torque will be managed, so not sure of the relevance?

Protegimus
To confirm is the torque limited for the gearbox or the engines sake?

341 - 360 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.