Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Very nice Boxer!
Would be nice to see the dyno :)

Blades' results are on a stock engine and gearbox so torque will be managed, so not sure of the relevance?

Protegimus
The peak will be limited but you can trace the rate at which the torque climbs. He could never have made 7000 by 3k and his is the fastest spooling gtr I've ever seen dynoed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The peak will be limited but you can trace the rate at which the torque climbs. He could never have made 7000 by 3k and his is the fastest spooling gtr I've ever seen dynoed.
That's what I was getting at. Within reason I would expect you would try to get the torque up as quickly as possible to the level you can/wish to run. Blade's setup doesn't look like it could match Boxer's.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
So here's the dyno sheet, turns out its producing 700 around 3.2k which is still good enough for me. Going to go back to Iain soon and get the map altered one more time as at the moment max torque is only 710 or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Also had a friend come down yesterday to take some pictures of the car :thumbsup: just a little taster of the photos

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,835 Posts
looking good!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I'm surprised it didn't make more midrange with the built box, my stock box has made 750 lbft 3500 rpm and 810 lbft 4000 rpm at 1.7 bar pump fuel , that was on surrey rolling road so should be comparable ish

What boost do you run mid range boxer?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
I'm surprised it didn't make more midrange with the built box, my stock box has made 750 lbft 3500 rpm and 810 lbft 4000 rpm at 1.7 bar pump fuel , that was on surrey rolling road so should be comparable ish

What boost do you run mid range boxer?
We did run 800 lbft before but now the torque coming in earlier makes it feel quicker than before. Will go back to Iain's soon for another map for the track but this set up is perfect for the road imo. Not too sure about the boost mate.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
We did run 800 lbft before but now the torque coming in earlier makes it feel quicker than before. Will go back to Iain's soon for another map for the track but this set up is perfect for the road imo. Not too sure about the boost mate.

mine is held back some for longevity, but ive seen my motor has made 810 lbft on pump fuel 1.7 bar, with some ethanol in there im sure that would be approaching 900 lbft :eek: lol

awesome build mate I could in reality do with your gearbox, wanna swap lol

before I have my box built I shall find the limit of the svm treated stock gearset first :runaway:

361 - 380 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.