GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I can see u will be going to the runway on April 28. I'm sure it will be ready by then, im sure ur car will be monstrous with that power. What power r u running at moment?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can see u will be going to the runway on April 28. I'm sure it will be ready by then, im sure ur car will be monstrous with that power. What power r u running at moment?
It should be done a few weeks before that hopefully. It's currently at litchfield stage 4

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
So your having the engine built?
New turbos?
Ecu?
What supporting mods?
Price? ( sorry being nosey)

Ive just gone 650 and after doing a few logs last night in Eco mode, the car felt like a brute.

I now have to put my brave face on and go out and do a 3rd gear pull in map 3 17.5psi.

Point being, as a fast road car I think 600+ is more then enough power, certainly gives the grin factor.

Apart from the obvious ( speed addict ) why are you going to a mind blowing 800+ bhp?

Tabz

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So your having the engine built?
New turbos?
Ecu?
What supporting mods?
Price? ( sorry being nosey)

Ive just gone 650 and after doing a few logs last night in Eco mode, the car felt like a brute.

I now have to put my brave face on and go out and do a 3rd gear pull in map 3 17.5psi.

Point being, as a fast road car I think 600+ is more then enough power, certainly gives the grin factor.

Apart from the obvious ( speed addict ) why are you going to a mind blowing 800+ bhp?

Tabz
New turbos, pistons, rods, twin fuel pumps, injectors, intercooler, circlips, bigger brakes. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Price wise it's best to speak to Iain but considering the performance you're getting, he is extremely well priced and will always look after customers and their cars. Top man

Well it's for the speed but mainly it's one of those things, if you have the chance to do it, just do it! I also like the uniqueness, as in not a lot of GTRs out there will have 800+ bhp ;)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Fair play mate, very happy for you.
Glad your in a position to pursue your goals.

I assume the cams/head in general shall remain standard.

Do you know what turbo specs are.

Looking at what Ryan has achieved with the SVM kit, I assume LM would have something similar to make those figures?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes the heads will be standard

The turbos will be litchfields custom ball bearing LM800 turbos, I'll post a graph up once the cars been on a dyno but they'll comfortabley make at least 800bhp

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thought I'd post the full spec of the upgrade:

***8226; Litchfield GTR Pistons produced by Capricorn from proprietary high specification aerospace alloy
***8226; Litchfield GTR Engine Rods with unique oil grooves and squirters to improve bearing oil supply and to cool pistons for improved performance. Beryllium Copper small ends offer the best friction reduction
***8226; Litchfield custom LM850 Ball Bearing Turbo conversion with Billet Compressor Wheels
***8226; Full Milltek 90mm Race Plus exhaust system
***8226; Litchfield 1100cc Injectors
***8226; Milltek Stainless Steel downpipes
***8226; Forge front mounted intercooler kit
***8226; Forge recirculating BOVs
***8226; Litchfield intake kit
***8226; Twin fuel pumps
***8226; Larger turbo intake pipes
***8226; Engine internals and Crank dynamically balanced to insure smooth running.
***8226; New bearings, engine gaskets and seals
***8226; Litchfield Warranty package for UK customers
***8226; Alcon 400mm brakes with Performance Friction pads front and rear
***8226; 2012 gearbox update with LC5, anti lag and boost off the line
***8226; Ecutek ECU software mapped by Iain Litchfield

The car should be ready by the beginning of March. Iain will update the thread with pictures as the build progresses.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks mate. Iain's quite busy at the moment, he's got about 6-7 engine builds to do in the next few weeks! Summer should be good :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes I'm hoping for 850BHP on pump fuel and 1000bhp on race fuel. The torque can be turned up a lot compared to a stage 5 as the rods are being replaced. I'm not quite sure as to what they will be limited to but I think it's between 700-750 ft lbs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That's what I thought too but Iain was pretty adamant that it'll get 1000 or there abouts. I'll let Iain decide what torque to keep it at, the more the merrier :D

21 - 40 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.