GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Raally good to meet you at SCD and an awesome car - gutted I decided to try and launch mine against you. Slowest start of the day not that it would have mattered by the end!

The trip down the dead end road will stick with me for a while too ! Visions of the bridge collapsing under the weight of the cars!
Hazza was that you in the convoy with us! That was a hilarious fuel mission ending up on a disused toll road after removing the signs!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
It must've been the taller gearing which caused him to fall behind at the start but none the less to crack 206 as it did is amazing! Good luck with tomorrow!

We had massive traction issues, possibly due to the original sized dunlops (not in the best of condition) which were causing wheel spin from 1st to 4th. We then turned the boost down to 1.5 which allowed us to do 206 indicated which was the limiter. With the boost up to 1.8, better tires and the limiter removed we would definitely get a lot higher. It was just a bit of fun as it is barely run in.

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
It must've been the taller gearing which caused him to fall behind at the start but none the less to crack 206 as it did is amazing! Good luck with tomorrow!

We had massive traction issues, possibly due to the original sized dunlops (not in the best of condition) which were causing wheel spin from 1st to 4th. We then turned the boost down to 1.5 which allowed us to do 206 indicated which was the limiter. With the boost up to 1.8, better tires and the limiter removed we would definitely get a lot higher. It was just a bit of fun as it is barely run in.
gearing didnt help,the other svm car had stock ratio and was even quicker
@207.6 I think every one had issues .
I agree with JH you need more power :) go to SRR and see what it can do !
on your high boost, Engines only need 300mile max to run in.

To pull above 205mph you will req 900bhp+ IMO you also didnt need to put foot down untill 3rd, i will post a Vid 4u
, Gundams graph will go up 2moz to give you an idea what we had.

Good luck with yours, If you in the Surrey area 2moz? Pop it on same time?
kk

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
Well given you were only running low boost R35 Boxer you did pretty well against Gundam all things considered..
Gundam only ran simaler boost , I will be turning him up a little 2moz now the "run in" is complete,(now on 400miles) I am expecting circa 1000bhp, with the stg 6 units @ full chat, which if i had used full power on the SCD would of given him a 215mph terminal :)4 sure.
I feel Boxer should go to SRR, and also see what is what ,, The Idea was to compare :),, his car for sure wants more grunt, still waiting for all the times
across the board covering all cars and Tuners,

kk

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
gearing didnt help,the other svm car had stock ratio and was even quicker
@207.6 I think every one had issues .
I agree with JH you need more power :) go to SRR and see what it can do !
on your high boost, Engines only need 300mile max to run in.

To pull above 205mph you will req 900bhp+ IMO you also didnt need to put foot down untill 3rd, i will post a Vid 4u
, Gundams graph will go up 2moz to give you an idea what we had.

Good luck with yours, If you in the Surrey area 2moz? Pop it on same time?
kk
I think I'll have another crack at it with higher boost and better tires to see what it'll do but I'm happy with it at the moment.

I would've liked to come but I'm very busy during these next few weeks so won't be able to make it, it's a long trip from Birmingham :) Let us know how you get on mate. Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Vendor
3,721 Posts
I think I'll have another crack at it with higher boost and better tires to see what it'll do but I'm happy with it at the moment.

I would've liked to come but I'm very busy during these next few weeks so won't be able to make it, it's a long trip from Birmingham :) Let us know how you get on mate. Good luck :thumbsup:
Only pulling your leg a little , Iain must be holding you back, Your car did sound fantastic , I will have to keep an eye on this one :)

let me know when your car goes down, I will allow over lay if it helps compare
Take care
KK

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Only pulling your leg a little , Iain must be holding you back, Your car did sound fantastic , I will have to keep an eye on this one :)

let me know when your car goes down, I will allow over lay if it helps compare
Take care
KK
He's slowly giving it more and more power, it feels better that way :) As an all rounder I cannot fault the beast. It did immense speeds at the track, did the 150 mile journey back home, picked up the kids and took me to work. What more does a car need to do?!

It should be going down in the summer. Be good to compare.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Good to meet you and your cousin. GT-R is brutal and really nice details such as wheel finish round it off!

Protegimus

161 - 180 of 388 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.