GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend just informed me that my R33 battery has lost the will to live.

Since the key has not been used to open the doors for ages, the better half informs me that the door locks will not turn (using moderate force)

Anyone have any tips on how to overcome this problem?

Failing that does anyone know of a passenger side window? (don't want broken glass on my side of the car)

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Girlfriend just informed me that my R33 battery has lost the will to live.

Since the key has not been used to open the doors for ages, the better half informs me that the door locks will not turn (using moderate force)

Anyone have any tips on how to overcome this problem?

Failing that does anyone know of a passenger side window? (don't want broken glass on my side of the car)

Cheers in advance
Have you tried spraying the key and lock barrels with wd 40 ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Call out a locksmith, less expensive than a replacement glass. Alternatively there should be a way of powering the car through an externally available live point, maybe from under the car (starter motor) - maybe even something like the rear number plate light (depending on wiring), then just unlock with the blipper.

·
Registered
826 Posts
wd40 mate,

move covering out of the way of where the key goes and spray WD40 into there. leave for about 10 mins then try your key in the lock should work :smokin:

·
Registered
180 Posts
WD40 as others have said

Graham

Alternatively there should be a way of powering the car through an externally available live point, maybe from under the car (starter motor) - maybe even something like the rear number plate light (depending on wiring), then just unlock with the blipper.
Does this work??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WD40 it is then.....2 letters and 2 numbers is about the girlfriends spelling limit

Locksmith as second option

'Hot wiring' dependant on cost of locksmith

I know you are all thinking ' why don't you do it yourself you lazy sod'?
I am working in Libya and it is in her garage for safekeeping

Thanks folks.....knew I could rely on top advice

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
When mine did this I used a long thin strip of metal... Took a while but I got it unlocked eventually.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
Just got an e-mail from aforementioned girlfriend

Apparently all that is required is someone with Known Security Risk Details Removed

She also informs me that it is a good idea to have a good supply of Elastoplast handy.......saves having to call the ambulance when said thin appendaged person realises how many cuts and scrapes have been administered by a Skyline that doesn't like being tickled :chuckle:

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Kemnay,
No offence fella, but I figure it's better to let the scumbags guess how you got in. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JasonO,

Absolutely no offence taken....realised after I had sent my post, that there may be as you put it....scumbags reading this.

Wont happen again.

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Can someone please PM me this 'Known security risk' please....I'm worried now !

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
whats your missus doing with your GTR?

:D all funnyness aside, is she able to open it yet or is she waiting for that company to open it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts