GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how to remove old ones and fit new longer ones? Dont fancy fitting spacers with studs and nuts as we have seen some are prone to crack.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Take discs off

Take hubs off

Place on bench with hole behind stud

Hammer crap out of studs, pushing them back out through hubs

Scrub a dub dub with the wire brush as you have a chance to make nice

Place shiney new ones in holes

Torque wrench up to ensure fit - they have a interference pattern on the shoulder as I recall (well they do on S-bodies)

Enjoy.

·
Administrator
31,606 Posts
Take car to RK tuning, throw handfuls of money at him, collect car later.

worked for me :)

On a more serious note though, when I took my car in, after finding cracks in my bolt on spacers, he spoke to his supplier and a lot of the 15mm bolt ons will crack. So he fitted longer studs and sandwich spacers for piece of mind. Only 15mm mind.

I'll post some pics of my old spacers when I can be arsed.

Mook

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pictures would be good, I am looking at 10mm spacers with longer studs. If I get someone to do it with labour and travel I may as well buy new Rota wheels.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any recommendations on brands for hubcentric spacers and longer studs? Would go for Nismo ones but not sure where to get them from.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I will avoid Driftworks not a fan of their cheap Chinese made products.

Thanks Mooks.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
If you are using only 10mm longer studs, they are easy to fit. You do not have to remove the hubs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
R33 GTR 1996 Wheel Studs - Front/Rear Different?

Hi guys, are the front and the rear studs different lengths?

Some numpty has jammed a wrong sized bolt onto one of each of the four corners and killed the threads for one stud on each wheel, presumably where the locking wheel nuts used to be, so I'm going to take this opportunity to get some replacement studs, however the front and rears seem to be different?

Can't find any genuine OE front studs, only rears?!

Any pointers please?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys, are the front and the rear studs different lengths?

Some numpty has jammed a wrong sized bolt onto one of each of the four corners and killed the threads for one stud on each wheel, presumably where the locking wheel nuts used to be, so I'm going to take this opportunity to get some replacement studs, however the front and rears seem to be different?

Can't find any genuine OE front studs, only rears?!

Any pointers please?

Thanks
Im not sure if the lengths are different front to rear but the diameters are.

Front is 14.3 mm diameter at the knurl
Rear is 13.0 mm diameter at the knurl

Apparently ARP-100-7716 studs are the correct 14.3mm diameter for the front hubs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im not sure if the lengths are different front to rear but the diameters are.

Front is 14.3 mm diameter at the knurl
Rear is 13.0 mm diameter at the knurl

Apparently ARP-100-7716 studs are the correct 14.3mm diameter for the front hubs
Thanks Jesse...

Bloody weird eh. Why wouldn't Nissan just have the same diameters all round? Must be to do with tolerances of sorts?

Oh... and thanks for teaching me a new word "Knurl" :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Jesse...

Bloody weird eh. Why wouldn't Nissan just have the same diameters all round? Must be to do with tolerances of sorts?

Oh... and thanks for teaching me a new word "Knurl" :)
Haha no problem! Also just to note this is what ive read for GTR.. I am not sure if GTST is the same

I am not sure either. I believe on S13 silvia they are all the same diameter..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts