1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just found R33 Jun Auto Car, for sale on Autotrader:

NISSAN SKYLINE GTR, fastest car
in Scotland for sale, 1000BHP, Jun Auto Car, Jun engine & gearbox, Olens suspension, AB six pot brakes, quarter mile 10.2 secs, phone for full spec, p/ex possible . £49,999.

Tel: 01505 506000 or 07836371631
Price: £49,999

Anybody tempted ;)

-Elliot

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Yep, Its been for sale for a while I think... Was with a dealer @ £79995 then £69995, then £49995 - Don't know who wants a ~800-900bhp skyline with a 'standard' gearbox though ;)

I think part of the problem is people don't seem to want to spend big money on R33's even when they cost double in just the work done...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon, I didn't realise it had been for sale for a while :)
I think part of the problem is people don't seem to want to spend big money on R33's even when they cost double in just the work done...
I think I agree with you there. Its just one of those things...

-Elliot

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jason,

It says 'Nissan is no1 car'. I was going to put 'Skyline is no1 car', but there wasn't enough room :(

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
997 Posts
Jun Car

The JUN R33 is very good value for money,don`t knock it.

There are people who like BIG power cars,everyone is still talking about my friend Ronnies performance at Ten of the Best but he knows that more BHP will be needed next year.

The JUN car hopefully will be purchased by someone who can access all the Skyline Events that we all participate in.I`ve had my R33 for over 4 years now and have taken part in countless Events and have sadly never seen the car in the flesh.

Henry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
jun car

well said Henry

Jun dont just build cars to make up the numbers at events
maybe Shin could give us some info on how good this car is.

Pete

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Agreed @ £50k the car is a bargain... I have to say that reading about this very car was one of the things which got me interested in skylines.

I am a little confused because I read that the sequential gear box had been replaced with a standard item - seems a strange move. But otherwise a dream car!

·
Registered
997 Posts
The gearbox

I guess that the JUN car has gone for an after market Trust or OS Giken gear kit,both kits come with a 0-60MPH 1st gear!if you want.
Sequentials are brilliant but maybe they broke it one too many times?

:) Henry:)

B

·
0 Posts
is that really a car from jun i think it's this exact one also the rb26dett is equipped with a TD06-25G from greddy i think and the gtr has more than 1000 horsepower and it broke a 1997 Bonneville record.not bad at all.

B

·
0 Posts
yes it's true it's actually owned by jun but what has gotten into them why would they even think about selling this car.it already has well over 1000 bhp and it look's stunning.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Jun Car

Jun sold the car a few years ago to Dave Jones (the current owner), who is now selling it.

Guy

B

·
0 Posts
are you sure i'm pretty sure it was a demonstration car for jun until the year 2001, i'm not sure i might be wrong.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
email from dave jones to me

This was a email from dave jones to me
hope this puts everyone in the picture.
a bit to much money for me.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for dropping me an email. Yes my Skyline is up for sale,

Anyway if you are still interested I am looking for £48,000 for the car. I don’t know if you know the history behind it but it is one of only 2 cars JUN built for the 1998 Tokyo Auto Salon (they were both sold for £150,000, I picked the car up from the 1st owner who took the car to Hong Kong. The car is primarily built for drag/fast street use. It is a little uncomfortable for road use due to the special diff the car uses for best traction, but is very easy to drive. It is *very* quick and has some tests in magazines that I have (Autocar 0-100 in 6.9, Crail 10.2 qtr mile). Quite a few pictures are available at www.greersport.com under project cars. It has only covered in the region of 5,000 klms. The owner of JUN in Japan keeps in contact and is keen to see the car do well over here, but I have not had the time to travel South with it to attend any events.

Anyway let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Dave Jones

B

·
0 Posts
well if you say that it's true it has to be true then. by the way since i'm in the u.s. where am i able to get a carbon fiber hood for my r34.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts