GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to middlehursts (and i'm knackered... it's 190 miles from home) today to look at the two R33's they've got:-

I particularly like the dark blue one, which is a UK, 98T, 47k miles, totally standard (which is a must- i can't afford insurance with mods.). The previous one owner has sprayed the lower bumper bit body colour which looks a treat.

They want £25k for it, but i've been offered a little reduction.

What do y'all think?

Jon (excited).

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Jon,

Two things to bear in mind.

The warranty. Check what the limitations are and whether Middlehurst have to do all the work. You might not like a 400 mile round trip every service.

For comparative prices check out the for sale part and look at some old sales.

John

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The warranty offered was a typical 6 month one, everything covered except wear and tear.

Good point about the distance, although Middlehurst do offer to pick vehicles up on their transporter for servicing. I'll try to talk the chap into agreeing to pick it up/bring it back for free in the event of a warranty claim.

Apparently their preparation of the vehicle includes an "8 hour service" in which "everything is checked over and sorted".

Which sounds ok.

·
Registered
130 Posts
R33 @ Middlehurst

Hi SlippyR4

I bought a car from Middlehurst back in September last year, Chris Batho was guy who was dealing with me, absolutely spot on in terms of service & attitude.

As you say the distance is a bit of a problem, I am in the same boat as you on that one, for servicing and upgrades I use Option Motorsport based at Silverstone, very professional & friendly outfit, Speak to Sak Nana on 01327-858555.

On the warranty front, I had a problem with my car in 5th gear a worn syncro, Middlehurst came and picked the car up within the first 4 days of me owning it, everything was sorted out by the dealership within a week including all transport costs etc.

On the money front some may say to you that it's a bit steep, but being a UK car you should have a full history and the additonal oil coolers everywhere, so in one sense it justifies itself. The only one thing I objected to were the additional rear reflectors in the bumper, which were binned at the earliest opportunity.

Just go for it and enjoy, you will never look back.

Regards

·
Registered
130 Posts
UK Reflectors

If you look at the main rear light cluster, you will notice that within the round tail lights there are reflectors, so no need for the BMX ones really.

Only thing is that you will have four 10mm holes left behind, on the colour blue shouldn't be to noticable, but if you get to stage where they look ugly to you then you can have them plastic welded and the bumber resprayed, I was quoted £100 to have this done.

Regards

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ritesh,

I see you've stopped racing those RC cars and got yourself a bigger toy now!!

Saw Harvey G at Option the other day and he said you'd gone the Skyline route too.

nice one mate

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sac Nana

Sac nana also owns a R33 too doesnt he?
he has sumthing like 800 bhp to the wheels?
can anyone confirm this?

Ryan

·
Registered
130 Posts
yep, its a biggun alright

yeah he does have a monster white R33 which I think has been featured in a couple of magazines, but I think hes done even more stuff to it now so its probably even more loony

not sure if its on the road at the moment tho :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts