GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm going to look at an R34 GTR tomorrow, I'm a current R34 GTT owner (past 2 1/2 years) is there anything in particular I should look for?

Is there a way to tell the imports from non-imports ? (Chassis code I'm guessing?)

I'm about to search through the forum for a buyers guide so please don't yell too much if these have been covered already.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Post the details of the car here chances are its history might be known by some. Avoid Keighley Trade Centre

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know about keighley ;) It 'should' be a UK spec one, hence the question about the chassis code. VRN is Y48 KND, bayside blue pretty much standard which is perfect as I don't want a modified one as it'll be used daily.

I'm reading through the buyers guide now

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went to go see the car, seemed pretty good. Sorted out funds and went to phone them back earlier to put a deposit down on it but it seems that someone has put a deposit down this morning at 8:30am.. doh!

And frustratingly I can't post a wanted advert on this forum as I need 50 posts, so can't even ask if anyone has a UK spec similar available.. Suppose I'll have to try joining in with some threads to bump my post count out (without mindlessly spamming of course)

·
Registered
491 Posts
It will be hard to find something like this on short notice as there were only 80 UK spec R34 GTRs ever made. So you will have to be patient for one to come up for sale again. Or you look for a non UK spec car.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i know how few of them were made, that's one of the reasons I was so keen on this car. I knew it wouldn't hang around for long, but 5 days after I viewed it was quicker than I expected. Should have put a deposit down when I was there really but wasn't sure I'd be able to sell one of my cars quick enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts