GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there
I am looking at buying a GT-R. Probs Feb / March Time 2010.
Which edition is best Premium edition or Black edition.
Can you buy them tuned to 570 from Nissan or do they need a remap on them.

What are they like to drive. Currently I am driving an Astra VXR staged 3. but its nothing but problems.

I herd the engine is all hand built does this mean if your clutch or gearbox goes that is it.

Any more tips about it would be nice.

can you only enter the R mode on tracks. if not when you go to tracks what mode is launched.

Tyre prices. Fuel MPG fast and normall driving.
which color is best. IMO I likeing the white so far.
Are the UK ones limited to 112 mph. if yes can you remove this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Which edition is best Premium edition or Black edition.
Well the simple answer to that question is the Premium Edition, because you get exactly the same car for £1,300 less. However, if you like the slightly darker wheels, the red stripes on the seats or the black headlining (the bit above your head), or you want a black car, then you have to go for the Black Edition.
can you only enter the R mode on tracks. if not when you go to tracks what mode is launched.
Are the UK ones limited to 112 mph
JDM (Japanese) cars remove their 112 mph speed limiter when you are on a track. European cars do not have a speed limiter and are capable of 193 mph! ;) It is possible to select all 3 modes for transmission, suspension and vehicle dynamic control (VDC) on all GT-Rs at any time. In particular R mode for VDC is fine, although read your manual before selecting VDC OFF. But that's a story for another thread (or is that another thousand threads?) :nervous:
which color is best. IMO I likeing the white so far
If you asked any 6 GT-R enthusiasts that question you could easily get 6 different answers. There is a poll on this forum asking the same question and every colour got a decent number of votes. I believe that the most popular colours are Black and Gun Metallic, followed by Silver and White, with Red and Titanium at the bottom. I believe that the most controversial of colours is Titanium. It's the marmite choice, because people either love it or hate it. My point is that nobody can answer this question but you. Contact your local Nissan High Performance Centre (HPC) and ask them when they expect to have a few GT-Rs in different colours and check them out for yourself. When I picked my car up on Saturday in Edinburgh, I saw 2 x Gun Metallic, 2 x Black, 1 x Red and 1 x Silver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts