GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been cleaning up my stock 33GTR Rims, a little curb rash from previous owner, any way I am going to get them painted, my wife's friend owns a body shop and I will be getting the brother in law price of I buy the paint and a Bottle of Johnny Walker Gold label. Now the Question is what color?

My car is Midnight Purple and I was thinking about going with Midnight Purple rims, Opinions on this. I am for the moment unable to wrap my head around this color although cars that have painted rims matching the color of the car, look pretty solid and complete.

Another color is Gold???? Questionable, Purple and Gold always look good but I am not sure it will work for this car

Another color is Bronze, Problem here is just about every Midnight Purple car I see has Bronze TE-37 or CE-28 Volks. Here in Japan you would think those are the only rims available for the BCNR33, although Bronze looks good with Midnight Purple, the color is everywhere.

After the paint job the rims will be shod with Direzza Z1 Starspecs 255/40

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Thomas,

Forget painting the wheels. You of all people, should go for some Pimpstars, with the LEDs!

Imagine the possibilities...

Seriously, though - I think you are right - be different and go for MP alloys. Heck, if you don't like them, someone on the forum will probably pay good money for them, as they can't seem to get MP paint in sufficient quantities overseas...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts