GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just as the subject states.

Im looking for someone competent in roadhawk installation, this will be hard-wired. There are plenty of people who "can" do this, but i want a perfect job, any recommendations would be great, the more local to me the better.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
They are actually quite easy.

Any auto electrician will be able to breeze it.
I fitted my drive-cams myself, front and rear.

Call a local well known auto eletrician and you shouldn't have any problems at all.
Less than an hour per camera.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I was under the impression that parts of the dash may have to be removed? This was my main concern
No, you mount it by the rear view mirror, tuck the cable under the headlining and run it down the A pillar and into the fusebox.

I did front and rears in my GT-R, various Skodas and my Fiesta ST too.
When it's finished the cable should be hidden from sight.

Not a GT-R, but here is a guide I did about fitting one in a Nissan LEAF as other owners were considering it:

Fitting a Drive Recorder

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thats good to know, unfortunately im pathetic at any kind of labour, i'll probably just go to the same person who done my EVO if there is no dash removal required , on the EVO the centre dash had to be removed for the hard wiring kit so just assumed the same.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If the fusebox is hidden away in the centre dash I can understand that.
Seems a bit odd though.

Most cars have them quite close to either of the A pillars, making it a relatively simple job.
Now I've done 20 or so I can usually fit one in under 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
It does depend on the wiring though, does the roadhawk have something complicated you need to attach to a screen or something?

Mine are just a live and earth feed.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Slightly off topic, but how does the Camera record 10 secs before an event if you don't have time to react i.e, you don't brake? I assume you can't have it recording all the time?

Their Sales pitch..

The DC-1 is a car black box video recorder. It records video and audio on a constant loop and stores it on a standard SD memory card. This camera is fitted with a 3D sensor which measures G-force and will detect an impact. In the event of a collision, harsh braking or acceleration the DC-1 will save a 20 second clip (10 seconds before and 10 seconds after the incident) as an "event". The supplied 4gb card can hold over 200 "events"

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Slightly off topic, but how does the Camera record 10 secs before an event if you don't have time to react i.e, you don't brake? I assume you can't have it recording all the time?

Their Sales pitch..

The DC-1 is a car black box video recorder. It records video and audio on a constant loop and stores it on a standard SD memory card. This camera is fitted with a 3D sensor which measures G-force and will detect an impact. In the event of a collision, harsh braking or acceleration the DC-1 will save a 20 second clip (10 seconds before and 10 seconds after the incident) as an "event". The supplied 4gb card can hold over 200 "events"
It records all the time but when the G sensor triggers an impact or shock the unit makes a clip of the last and next 10 seconds and saves that in a folder on the SD card tagged as an "event".

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It records all the time but when the G sensor triggers an impact or shock the unit makes a clip of the last and next 10 seconds and saves that in a folder on the SD card tagged as an "event".
Basically that.

My prime reason for recording is not for insurance purposes though , the event thing is just a bonus :)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Ah, that make prefect sense. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts