GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am currently in the market for a used GTR with a budget of around 37k. I was initally looking at 09/59 plate cars but there is currently a 10 plate for sale at a good price. The only problem is looking at the cars service history, it has missed the 6 month and 30 month services. However, I do understand that some older cars have been moved to a 12 month service schedule.

1,200 mile optimisation 2,130 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 30/11/2010;
6 month service 5.254 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 6/7/2011;
12 month service 5.254 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 6/7/2011; 12 month optimisation 6/7/2011
18 month service 6,026 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 24/10/2011;
24 month service 12,071 Miles @ Westover Nissan Bournemouth 29/06/2012;
30 month service 15,566 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 5/4/2013;
36 month service 15,566 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 5/4/2013; 36 month optimisation @ Westway Nissan Aldershot 10/9/2013;
42 month service 19,741 Miles @ Westway Nissan Aldershot 1/10/2013

The car has also missed it's 24 month optimisation. What do you guys suggest? The fact that certain services have been missed does concern me, but if cars can be serviced on a 12 month basis, is this really anything to worry about?

Cheers,

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
IIRC from MY11 onward the serviicing was every 9K miles or 12 months.

It all depends on how the cars been driven. If the cars been driven hard it wouldnt put me off, aslong as the servicing dine proper and maybe even addition serviced done to reflect the hard use.

Going by what youve got there it look like the car was put away for periods of time and always serviced before any mile were done so that look good to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What's the mileage on it now? I paid ~£38k for a 09 plate Black Edition a month or so ago with 19k miles and FSH (plus bellhousing replacement, y-pipe and gearbox software upgrade), so that could be a good deal (or I overpaid).

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
HPI the car - see if its been registered as accident repaired.

It not then given it seems to have the balance of a warranty on it I'd say that's a bargain.

Maybe the chap needs the money asap, pretty sure the dealer would be a few grand below that on a PX/Outright buy if thats his other option.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Definitely seems cheap with that mileage - when I was looking, nearly every car I viewed had missed at least one service. I wouldn't be too put off by it, but would want to investigate it thoroughly. I've not seen many 10 reg cars for under £40k unless they're high mileage.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
If it needs tyres, discs and pads then the reality of it won't be such a cheap buy. Don't forget to always look at the inner shoulders of the tyres rather than the outer ones. Check discs for excessive lip and cracks between drillings. Ask if it has had the bellhousing done as well. Remember, it will also soon need a 48 month service and this all adds to the cost. Don't rush, there are plenty out there and a lot of them are rogues that need to be avoided.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hello All,

I am currently in the market for a used GTR with a budget of around 37k. I was initally looking at 09/59 plate cars but there is currently a 10 plate for sale at a good price. The only problem is looking at the cars service history, it has missed the 6 month and 30 month services. However, I do understand that some older cars have been moved to a 12 month service schedule.

1,200 mile optimisation 2,130 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 30/11/2010;
6 month service 5.254 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 6/7/2011;
12 month service 5.254 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 6/7/2011; 12 month optimisation 6/7/2011
18 month service 6,026 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 24/10/2011;
24 month service 12,071 Miles @ Westover Nissan Bournemouth 29/06/2012;
30 month service 15,566 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 5/4/2013;
36 month service 15,566 Miles @ Westway Nissan Oxford 5/4/2013; 36 month optimisation @ Westway Nissan Aldershot 10/9/2013;
42 month service 19,741 Miles @ Westway Nissan Aldershot 1/10/2013

The car has also missed it's 24 month optimisation. What do you guys suggest? The fact that certain services have been missed does concern me, but if cars can be serviced on a 12 month basis, is this really anything to worry about?

Cheers,

Chris
On servicing alone I wouldn't be too concerned.

Mine (59 plate) is only serviced once a year. It spends 6 months a year SORN'D as it's a second car / summer toy.

Check all the stuff mentioned, brakes tyres as others have said.

Get a minter for a few quid more if required, don't buy the cheapest.

Parts are expensive and soon mount up if not looked after.

Good luck hunting!

Satan

·
Registered
833 Posts
My 09 is for sale if you're interested. Discs pads and tyres all in good condition. Full service history and 29k miles. Only 1 other owner since new and hpi clear.

its on for £36.5k but pm me if you're interested and we can discuss :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I was on my way to view and buy this car a couple of hours ago!!! I contacted the seller to let him know i am not too far, for him to say its sold!!!

Seemed a bargain!

Oh well, wasted journey and another reminder that if you have agreed to let someone come and view your car, and they are on their way - YOU SHOULD OUT OF PRINCIPLE GIVE THEM FIRST REFUSAL!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I haven't had my 09 serviced for 2 years, its done around 1500 miles in that time so really not bothered. Hasn't missed a beat but will get it done this year as I'm going stage 1 so might as well give it a birthday.

I think you have to look into different cases as the servicing schedule initially was pretty ridiculous and most cars do very little miles. Obviously if its never been serviced then its a high risk but missing the odd one if its not been used is no biggy really.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the advise guys. Cars gone already, only been up half a day, someones gone and got a bit of a bargain! The bloke that was selling it just said to me in hindsight he probably put it up a bit cheap!!

The search for me continues anyway, unless something similar pops up, I will probably wait until mid April :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
195 Posts
That's peak time though, everyone is looking in the spring ready for summer so they tend to go up in price as they sell easily, dealers and sellers don't need to knock 'em down to shift 'em.

I really noticed it when I was looking so I bought one over winter. Its good fun looking so just keep searching, as others say, check brakes and tyres as they're costly to sort. I found several cars that were priced well but needed the big service, brakes and tyres so really not worth the hassle unless proper cheap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's peak time though, everyone is looking in the spring ready for summer so they tend to go up in price as they sell easily, dealers and sellers don't need to knock 'em down to shift 'em.

I really noticed it when I was looking so I bought one over winter. Its good fun looking so just keep searching, as others say, check brakes and tyres as they're costly to sort. I found several cars that were priced well but needed the big service, brakes and tyres so really not worth the hassle unless proper cheap.
It is, but if the right car comes up I will certainly buy it before then. Have got some time off in April to go find one. Don't think I can wait much longer than that. Sold my Evo X back in Jan and have been stuck with my daily driver (Diesel Clio) since then, which aint much fun :mad:

·
R35 Section manager
11,256 Posts
Looks fine to me.

I am not sure why an 09 car is every 6 months and a 10 plate onwards is yearly anyway. That wouldnt put me off as mileage has been low each year

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Cheap! I'm going to assume it'll be listed at a traders site soon, too often these "bargains" get bought by traders and the enthusiastic people miss out on the cheap cars :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts