GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I thought I would introduce myself. Looking to purchase a DBA GTR preferably on a 13/14 plate as will be used primarily as a road car but intend to do quite a few track days. I have seen the two listed below and I am planning on seeing them in person this weekend its a bit of a drive for me. I cannot post links so I have listed the details below.

The second car has previously been on registration 459 MHW. Does anyone know either car? Anything glaring obvious that I am missing, prices seem ok to me, but happy for any input? The second car seems the better buy given the upgraded discs and pads and it has Pilot 4s tyres all round, so that is the way I am leaning currently.

Car 1 - FR63GTR - 4 previous owners, 28k miles, standard £43k. Seems a good car, but has michelin ss at the front and pirelli at the back.
Car 2 - OY63HBP / 459 MHW - 2 previous owners, 32k miles, litchfield stage 2 with decat pipes I understand. Also had Alcon discs and pads fitted at Litchfield earlier this year and has 4 Michelin pilot 4s tyres which are apparently in good condition.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Hi
Going by what you’ve put down I might well be leaning towards the second car, though I’d definitely just give Litchfield a ring and check with them the work that’s said to have been done on it, I’m pretty sure there know the car if it’s been to them and can maybe give you a heads up, there very good like that and for sake of a phone call it’s a no brainier in my opinion.
I’m not one for mixing and matching tyres on a car, at the end of the day I’ve never skimped on tyres as that’s all that’s between you and a ditch!!
Good luck and keep us posted what you go for if any👍👍
Ps might well be worth looking on the for sale section on here because if it’s from a member usually they’ve been well looked after👍

·
Vendor
6,217 Posts
Definitely second one because if someone can't even be bothered the same brand of tyres on a car like this then think how it must have been cared for... I'll leave that to your imagination

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I have actually since spoken to the dealer selling the second car and understand it also had 4 owners, but still given the tyres and brakes, it seems to have been better maintained so plan to go see it at the weekend. I will update the thread if I go ahead with the purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So to round off this thread - I am picking up my GTR at the weekend all being well. I will post pics up once I have it. I have a couple of questions around track use but will start a new thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts