GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i've joined the forum just to ask a few questions

Im looking at getting my first gtr, been my dream car since i was a kid and now i can afford one i figure this is my best chance of owning one so i want to go for it, im looking for a bayside blue r34, also like the r33's but the r34 has always been the one i wanted.

bit of background info im 21, still living at home but on a very good salary as an electrician and my job is secure, had a choice of either buying a house or getting a gtr... but would never own one if i bought a house so i want to do it now the house can always wait, im currently driving a stage 2 astra vxr 289bhp, although it doesnt compare to a gtr i do know how to keep a performance car in check, costs and what not.

just wondering if there's anything i should look out for? looking to spend around the 26k mark and was just hoping for help and guidance really :)

i've one on PistonHeads (cant post links post count too low) but its £23k, 26k miles, but freshly imported by 'Boys Toys Imports'? seems a bit low priced to me for a standard example?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hiya Chap

R34 is a good choice, I'm pretty sure if well looked after a good 34 is an investment anyway so in a few years if you need to pull your money out the car it should be worth the same if not more. just make sure you have somewhere safe (preferably indoors) to keep it. Isn't insurance going to have your pants down?

Search Boys Toys on here to get an idea of their reputation (I have never dealt with them, but others have)

Regarding what to look out for, I'll wait for a 34 owner to comment.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mate I didn't realise they were on here I'll have look :)

I thought the same, but my insurance came to £1600, seems a lot but I was paying £2000 for a 1.6 tdci fiesta 2 years ago haha regarding safe to keep it will be kept on the drive, but a guy in my street has owned a £30k Monaro for years and lthasnt been touched, it's a good area luckily

And I noticed the prices of r34's weren't really going down they seem to be holding value

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buy a house quick before they go up lol

Just bought myself an R33 GTR from Boyz Toyz and got to admit - it is one of the, if not the best car Ive driven out of a whole bunch of exotica ive owned over the years. The car is immaculate and the best Ive seen out of viewing 6 others.

I bought a new Clio V6 back in 2002 in the same position as you - decided to stay at home for another year as i was only 27. One year later house prices shot up triple / quadruple what they were.

I know what I would do - best of luck in either of your choices.

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the help guys, I think I'll avoid that company and just buy off someone that everyone knows

Regarding a house... I've been having this argument with myself for months haha if I bought a house, then I wouldn't be able to afford to buy one, never mind run it. I could get a decently priced r33, and I do like them, just I've grown up with r34 posters on my wall

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bet your parents won't be happy about you spending your well-earned savings on a car rather than a house :p ? Personally i dont like the R33's all the other GTR's i love equally though :D

I have only dealt with one company and that is Harlow jap autos where i talked to Ozz who has been every helpful also a very nice guy. So i can recommend them but there are a good few companies with good rep you can find through the forums here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shall have a Ghandi about, cheers for the help guys

And Richard they're not overly ecstatic with it but oh well

·
Registered
861 Posts
Have you got a 33/34 yet.... When you do finely get one, put up some pic of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts