GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

Does anybody here have an unwanted QDF3L Quaife ATB R32 GTR front diff or know who I could buy one off in a months time ?

Thanks !

Regards,

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The downside of a Torsen type diff which is what the Quaife is when one of the wheel is of the ground it acts just like open diff. To make any use of it both wheels must be in contact with the road or track. How many times out on track will you be over on the kerbs and bouncing off it? Happens often. Better go for a plate diff such as one from Nismo or OSGiken.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ville go nismo! It's what I have sooooooo sweet!
:)
Bob

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
How much do these go for and do they make a lot of difference?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The Nismo diff is 1.5 way so gives lockup under acceleration but partial lock up under braking. Again they come setup with the softest preload to make them ideal for road and track. Typically priced around £600.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yes indeed!!!
Would it not be better to do the rear at the same time?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My rear diff is stock but I couldn't believe how good the front one makes it corner!
;)
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I have the ATS 1.5 in my R32 and drives good enough like stock. On the circuit good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
dont know about therm only working when both wheels are on the ground but i have just fitted a quaife front diff and it has improved the car a masssive amount maybe more than any other single mod.

so good enough for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts