GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guy's need a little help remember where a couple of plugs go!

Is the small black plug in this loom (alternator Loom) for the water temp sensor on the top hose body?

Is the small black plug on this loom (loom with knock Sensors) to the left for the oil temp sensor?

Thank you
Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arrh yes starter motor. That explains why it's right next to the grey capped connection! So what wire goes to the water temp sensor on the top hose body?? I am sure I will work that out. I will put the injector loom on this weekend if not before so I'll see what I am left with then.
Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alex,
That sounds sensible! It was so long ago since I had it all apart! and I have been working on a rotary engine inbetween to confuse matters more! Hopefully I can get some time one evening to get it up together. Would be nice to be putting it in soon! Got a few things to do on the car itself first and then I am ready. Don't know if you can give any tips on running in oils and procedure? I started a post in the maintenance section I think! Read quite a few posts on here and elsewhere with varying info but couldn't find an oil grade on any of them? I know I need mineral and cheap!
Thanks for the info so far.
Regards
Lee

·
Registered
945 Posts
When I was bedding mine in I used 15w40 mineral oil, To properly bed the engine in you only have a short time, like the first 20 miles before the hone marks are worn away.
Also driving gently is the worst thing to do, all that happens is the bores glaze up and the rings wont seal propperly, im not saying cane the arse off it but put the engine under some decent load up to 3.5-4k then up to 4.5-5k, also engine braking helps.
by doing this it forces the piston rings out into the bores helping them to bed in better.
I changed my oil after 20 miles and refilled with mineral again and ran for a further 300 miles before I changed to synthetic.

hope this helps

Alex

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there mate..

Thanks for the advise on the run in. I read quite a few posts on it and that was pretty much what I had in mind to do.. Only thing I hadn't realised is how critical the first 20-50 miles is!? That actually gives me a bit of an issue as my car is not taxed Mot'd or insured currently so I need to take it to a track or airfield to get the initial 20 or so critcial miles on it. But before I do that I wanted to run it up at home and check there were no leaks or problems.. What do you reckon? Am I okay to do that?? i.e. get it up to temp by say running it at high idle 1500-2000rpm then shut it down and if all is okay take it to a track and give it a slow lap a at 2000rpm to warm it up a bit then give it a lap or two 3500-4000rpm and a lap or two at 4500-5000 then a couple of laps a full rpm or thre abouts so say 6000-6500?
I gather I want to try and keep in a higher gear 3rd to 4th to load it up nicely and constantly speed up slow down and vary the throttle a bit?

Other issue I have is I am running a Apexi Power FC. Will I be okay running it in on the base map with the self learn function? I can possibly get some basics settings to help?
also do I want to run no boost or very low boost while running in? I think my wastgate is 10psi but I could take the spring out or find something softer to put in?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to get this bit wrong!

Regards
Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts