GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking under the bonnet today It was pointed out to me that the throttle cable is loose, is this normal or just a primitive form of traction control? ;)

also had the exhaust fitted on friday £20 and the boys at HI-Q on Nuthall road Nottm did a splendid job!

sounds marvellous - a bit loud below 3000 but pretty quiet above that :D

Simon

·
Registered
592 Posts
Simon

wait till you go for a long trip - Went to Bristol Last week and by the end of the trip it did get a bit annoying!

Still minor compared to all luvly popping etc - oh and the best tunnel so far is the queensway B'ham.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
RE loose cable

how loose is loose ? there is about 1cm of play usually. it is just enough to be ably to get it under your finger tip and the move it a bit.

I hope this is usual, the few I have looked at seem to have the same amount of movement..

/Steve

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,595 Posts
I always adjust ALL the slack out of throttle cable.

A lesson I learnt after I thought my G60 Corrado was dying. It started to go
gutless, so I booked it in for a Supercharger rebuild for 900 pound.

When I picked up the car the bloke told me it was a slack cable causing the
poor performance as even with foot burried into the carpet the throttle was only half open.:(
He then topped off my good day by saying there was very little wear on the blower.
So 900 quid down the drain then!:rolleyes:

Ever since then everytime my bonnet is open I check it.;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Had a similar problem on my coupe which has a potentiometer on the throttle body to read throttle position.

if the cable is slack you never achieve full boost. when the throttle is fully open there should be approx 1mm of play. anything tighter and you risk stretching the cable.

also I found I was never reaching full boost due to my rather plush thick pile mats getting underneath the accelerator pedal when fully depressed and reducing the travel by 10-12mm.

sounds silly but really reduced the performance by quite a bit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts