GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wondering if anyone has had this happen before. When I drive the car a bit harder around corners with the power being put down it then will all of a sudden just cut all the power and pop and bang alot till i slow down abit or go in a straight line again and then the power comes back. Hope its not bad?

Matt

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
fuel surge sounds likely

And quite a serious issue if it is. Running very Lean :/

Its caused by the fuel sloshing round in the tank, and when cornering hard all going to one side leaving the fuelpump pickup in fresh air. You may have problems with the pump pickup if this is happening at anything other than near empty tanks.

Whip the tanktop inspection panel off and take the pump housing out to have a look round. The pickup 'sock' thing should extend to the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it could be to do with a fuelling somewhere, I don't think it has been on a full tank but then again it never stays full for long:chuckle: . I will check it out at the weekend and see if it has come lose in there. Its that the only thing you guys think it could be then?

Matt

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
if it is an R33 it is not uncommon for the fuel pump to come off it hangers, good part is that it is cheap and easy fix :)

Simon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts