GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Bit of confusion here. The Skyline name is/will only be used on that 4 door saloon, and the 2 door version. Both of these cars are codenamed V35 as the engines have now changed from the RB series(hence the model names R30/31/32/33/34) to the VQ series ...hence V35 model name.

The next generation GTR will drop the Skyline name to differentiate it from the 4 door cars and to give it more of an stand-alone-model-image. If the GTR is said to use twin turbo versions of either the VQ35, VQ30 or VH45.... it will then be know as the V35 GTR.

:)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Loss/abuse of the Skyline name

They're here.... Just followed a Nissan "Skyline" 300 GT. Sad day indeed... looks like an overweight Laguna with Lexus rear clusters. Was on a 51 plate, import sized on the back.

Vincenzo

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I've stopped worrying about how the new GT-R might look;
I've seen so many different front and rear treatments by the magazines over here that I've lost count.
I mean they still haven't even released any definite engine details so I'll just wait and see. Either way, I doubt that it will be very similar to the Celica. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.