GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
This is the V35 in Japan. It uses the Skyline name, but the new R35 to be released will not use the skyline name.

-Elliot

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Bit of confusion here. The Skyline name is/will only be used on that 4 door saloon, and the 2 door version. Both of these cars are codenamed V35 as the engines have now changed from the RB series(hence the model names R30/31/32/33/34) to the VQ series ...hence V35 model name.

The next generation GTR will drop the Skyline name to differentiate it from the 4 door cars and to give it more of an stand-alone-model-image. If the GTR is said to use twin turbo versions of either the VQ35, VQ30 or VH45.... it will then be know as the V35 GTR.

:)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Loss/abuse of the Skyline name

They're here.... Just followed a Nissan "Skyline" 300 GT. Sad day indeed... looks like an overweight Laguna with Lexus rear clusters. Was on a 51 plate, import sized on the back.

Vincenzo

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm cheers for that :)

Sad thing is the GTR dosnt look as good as the Z. I can almost see a celica in the GTR.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I've stopped worrying about how the new GT-R might look;
I've seen so many different front and rear treatments by the magazines over here that I've lost count.
I mean they still haven't even released any definite engine details so I'll just wait and see. Either way, I doubt that it will be very similar to the Celica. :p

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
My thoughts exactly.

Doesn't make any sense judjing a prototype when we all know the final poduct will probably be totally different.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
True...almost identical. But then again it wasn't as "extreme" as the GTR Concept was. Best thing to do is just sit back and wait. I'm sure Nissan aint gonna screw this one up....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts