GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd move this part of the work up to the gallery vice the Garage section, since there really isn't any tinkering involved with this. "Paint job" is being done by Allison La Valley of Lost Birds Art Studio. I did maybe 5% at this point. I draw to slow/don't have good ideas.
I had some cellphone shots up, but this is better I believe. A little rough around the edges... be kind! haha
Much better pictures of the work so far.
Passenger Side Skirt

Driver Sideskirt Started

mirrors

Rear

Front

The work goes on. Gotta do the rest of the body, then Touch ups here and there needed and eventually a final/thicker clearcoating. Then I will have my 'Time Attack' Paint Scheme finished. Officially titled the "Lost Birds" GTR. When Japanese say it it's Rosto Birdseh GTR. haha

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Wow! That's a labor/labour of love!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
What the hell is she doing with her elbow!? Urgh!

I like this car though very different

·
6,821 Posts
Great stuff mate, would love to see this thing for real.:bowdown1::bowdown1:
By the way but a big amount of clear lacker on this, or the black will look yellow after a year.

Keep it coming.:cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way but a big amount of clear lacker on this, or the black will look yellow after a year.

good info! I went over the finished parts once, and once the whole car is done I was planning on doing the entire car in clear coat again, it should be staying out of the sun for the most part too, except for races :runaway:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hoa that's a big fukkin picture. I can't resize it from my phone sorry!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here's a quick picture of the sideskirt installed. I know it's not a great pic but you get it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
At first sight I thought it was an aweful idea, but seeing it over a bigger area I think it looks great, especially for a time attack car!

Thats not strictly true, a thick layer of laquer and you'll get a 'crackle glaze' effect after a short time, what you need is a good quaility laquer with a high percentage of UV protector in, I'd recommend House Of Kolor, as it has about 3% UV protector, (I think, may be 3.5%, can't remember exactly), 4% is the meaximum, after that there is no gain.

Alex B

1 - 20 of 248 Posts