GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Aa title, I've managed to loose my key inside the flipping car. I've had the passenger seat unbolted and checked everywhere. Now I cant lock it or take it out for this reason.
Any thoughts on what my options are?

Registered
Aa title, I've managed to loose my key inside the flipping car. I've had the passenger seat unbolted and checked everywhere. Now I cant lock it or take it out for this reason.
Its not flown into the cupholder has it?
Drivers seat down between rail and tunnel?

Ooo Matron !
Ah, it will not lock because it knows the keys are inside the car you mean ?

There's only one option then: Keep looking. It's bound to be the last place you look ;)

R35 Section manager
Get another pair of eyes on the case?
My bet would be between the drivers seat and centre console as that's my classic.
Presumably you looked under the car just in case it's there?

Ooo Matron !
I assume you have looked in the boot ? Have you checked in the passenger footwell carpet section that lifts up ?

I can't see how it can get under the floor as the carpet fits pretty well.

I'd step back and ask someone else to look. They will approach it with a different mindset and will be not annoyed with themselves for losing the key and may therefore be more systematic in checking all the areas.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I assume you have looked in the boot ? Have you checked in the passenger footwell carpet section that lifts up ?

I can't see how it can get under the floor as the carpet fits pretty well.

I'd step back and ask someone else to look. They will approach it with a different mindset and will be not annoyed with themselves for losing the key and may therefore be more systematic in checking all the areas.
I've had the seats up and the wife's looked everywhere..... looks like ill be phoning nissan tomorrow and see what options are open to me. I've got another key but no use if cant lock up

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
The key is in there somewhere just gotta find it, or it's under the car outside
Def not outside, I've had both seats unbolted checking rails etc footwell carpets, there's not that many places lol
I'll be in with nissan tomorrow see what my options are

Registered
Tell the Mrs its attached to Jimmy Choo voucher, she will soon find it !!!

Premium Member
Have you checked under the passenger side mate in the storage box in floor?? Like others have said must be in there somewhere??

Premium Member
Nightmare, hope you find the key OK.

Thinking laterally - as you've checked the car and all usual spots, is it possible the key is actually outside of the car, perhaps fallen on floor, in amongst your tools or clothing? Inside engine bay, near/in battery compartment?

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Nightmare, hope you find the key OK.

Thinking laterally - as you've checked the car and all usual spots, is it possible the key is actually outside of the car, perhaps fallen on floor, in amongst your tools or clothing? Inside engine bay, near/in battery compartment?
Unfortunately yes, it's really really melted my head today. I'm hoping nissan can avoid that one or reprogram my other one making the one hiding void

1 - 20 of 41 Posts