GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

R35 Section manager
How about in your jeans turn ups?!

Guessing it's not on a key ring?
Keys are getting smaller and easier to lose now..

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Unfortunately
Where are you located, if you are near Birmingham pop it down we will find it 100% as long its definitely in the car
Unfortunately I'm over in belfast..... before I head to nissan how would you be able to find it? Its def in it as it starts and beeps when I try to lock it with the other key

Vendor
Without sounding sarcastic we would strip the inside down and look for it, if its in the we would definitely find it. I would suggest you do the same, the seats in the Gtr are quiet easy to remove, check the plastic air trunking under the seats

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Without sounding sarcastic we would strip the inside down and look for it, if its in the we would definitely find it. I would suggest you do the same, the seats in the Gtr are quiet easy to remove, check the plastic air trunking under the seats
I'll have another go at it, 2 of the 14mm bolts wouldn't budge yesterday on the drivers seat and the wiring on the passenger confused my hangover. I'm really hoping it hasn't made it's way down were the wiring comes up

Vendor
Don't stress, the Gtr is very user friendly to take apart and all the trims and panels are reasonably easy to clip off. I guarantee you you'll find it today but don't stress and rush it

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Don't stress, the Gtr is very user friendly to take apart and all the trims and panels are reasonably easy to clip off. I guarantee you you'll find it today but don't stress and rush it
Cheers mate, appreciate it

Registered
Have you checked behind the sun visors?

They flip them down in movies and the keys are often there ;)

Good luck

Registered
Not sure this possible with the nissan key but I managed to open the sliding lid on the cup holders and a doorkey resting on top slid down the back and lodged underneath. Slider still worked and I cant for the life of me remember how I got it out but did eventually.

Super Moderator
I take it you don't have anything in the car it could be 'in', like a jacket, a bag or anything like that.

I once lost mine in the car and it had fallen out my pocket as I'd gone in the back seat, and was jammed between the rear seat and the side of the car, stick your hand down and have a feel!

Other place is lay your seats back and feel at the junction things get jammed in soft places and disappear IMHO.

Ooo Matron !
Years ago in supermarket (when you handed over your credit card), I handed it over and the person on the till dropped it. But it managed to fall upright, and no only did it fall upright, it managed to find the couple of mm gap between the main part and the scanner section. So it disappeared into the bowels of the checkout ! The chances of that happening must be pretty slim ! Thankfully the manager/supervisor had a key that unlocked the scanner section and they managed to lift that bit out and retrieve my card.

Registered
I don't think I ever found a way to access the recess that the roll-top slider goes in to when you use the coffee cup spaces. Anyone know different?

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Update "and thanks to everyone for taking time to comment"

My mechanic friend removed the passenger seat and with a telescopic mirror seen the key had fallen into the metal compartment under the plastic grill that sits under the seat....... thank god as nissan wanted 144 quid for reprogramming my other key.
So he got a nice bottle of rum and a coffee for his help.

Lesson learnt is to make sure my keys are on something in futre

R35 Section manager
21 - 40 of 41 Posts