GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
cars for sale

Hi Racer98

Yeah this is the site that Shin at Prospec uses for selling cars on his site. Nice clean cars though.

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Zele has a reputation for selling the best mentained and clean GTRs in Japan. They even had an R32 V-spec2 with 50km on the clock a while back...crazy stuff!:eek:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi Racer98

Hi, do you remember me?
You had asked for purchasing GTR from ZELE before and I had exchanged email a lot then.
PROSPEC is doing business as the behalf of Zele here in the UK.
Because of the high price of ZELE with excellent quality, the price in this country would be rather expensive than their market prices.
Even though, I hope PROSPEC can satisfy the customers with the excellent quality of cars and service.

Cheers,
Shin

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
zELE

Yeah good company to have an association with Shin. Like you said all their cars are top quality but unfortunately by the time tax etc., is added they are a bit expensive. Saying that if people want CLEAN cars then this is the place.

Just out of interest Shin if I see a car on the site and it is say 5.28million yen( I believe this is the price), what price should I expect to pay in the UK. I have put the link below:

http://www.zele-international.com/bnr34/34_026.html

Many thanks in advance Shin.

glen

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Importation costs

The cost of importing a vehicle is as follows:-

1 Purchase price in Japan

2 Cost of de-registration in Japan

3 Shipping to UK around $US 700

4 Customs clearance in UK

5 10% import TAX on all of above

6 17.5% VAT on all of above

7 SVA test on all of above if more than 3 years old, it was £165 earlier this year.

If newer than 3 years there is now an additional charge for a form of type approval in addition to the above.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks Hugh,

Thanks Hugh,

It is almost correct.
I would like to add the information about cost as follows.

Shipping to the UK is slightly more expensive than US$700 because we have to pay handling charge for customs clearance etc in Japan.
About the SVA, it costs 180GBP, but we have to do modification to pass the test.
The modification cost would be varied by GTR32, GTR33, and GTR34 and their tuning level.
And for more than 3 years old cars, we have to clear MOT.

Cheers,
Shin

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
SVA

We have to take SVA test for all the imported cars.
Since 1st November, we are required Enhansed SVA test and it is much difficult to pass the test than past SVA for modified Skylines.

Cheers,
Shin

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HELLO SHINSAN

Hello

SHINSAN ,,,, I would like to tell the fourm that I wish that there were more people like Shinsan SOOOOOO very helpful and honest.

When inquiring about a car he gave me all the info I needed and more.

AND I WOULD LIKE TO PUBILCY SAY THANK YOU

:)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks

Thanks Racer98,

How are you?
I hope you are well.
I hope I can provide proper information to the UK owners.
It seems there are several misunderstandings.
Please feel free to send PM or email to me.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hello Shin,

I am in the progress of importing a R33 GTR, collect it next week from Southampton. The car is almost standard, there is no engine mods and the car should be in fairly good condition, as it has only done 40 thousand kms. I have a full Japanese service history to prove. What sort of things should I be looking for when I go to put it through the SVA???. I have been told that I have to re-wire the inside rear lights to make them a foglights with a simple switch on the dash somewhere. And also been told about the speedo to mph conversion. What about the tyres?, as I have read somewhere that if they are not uk or ec approved they wont pass the SVA?. Also what about the fuel neck has it got to have a restrictor?, is there anything else I should be looking for?.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts