GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do like the Lotus elise,

having owned a norm elise a sport 160 and 340r i have had most of the elise family!!

it's looking Mini but also type R but wait fiat coupe arh balls i still don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd go Elise or Civic Type-R mate. Both great cars but the Civic would be easier to live with and use regularly

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
and the elise more economical :D

Just looked in Exchange and Mart and there is a lovely 1999 160 model advertised @ £15.5k - sounds good

On a similar slightly more practical note those new Toyota MR2's handle well, and there is one of those it @ £11.5k - seems like a bargain!

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
666 SKY said:
I do like the Lotus elise,

having owned a norm elise a sport 160 and 340r i have had most of the elise family!!

it's looking Mini but also type R but wait fiat coupe arh balls i still don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

d
Ever tried the Caterham 7...now that's a fun car and reasonably fast

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Dave

We can buy you a Type R Civic thru the Touring car team with discount( as thats what we sponsor ) if you need a hand I will be happy to help you out if you go that way.

For info and spec on our touring car setup, visit the website : www.synchromotorsport.co.uk and you will see what our touring cars have done to them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Lovely Lotus Elise

My wife has owned her Lotus Elise for nearly 5 years now and it’s never had any problems, I don’t think she’ll ever let it go.

The new mini sure does suck.

The civic looks like a nice car but I’d rather have an Elise.

My $.02 worth

Paul.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had an Elise before getting my Skyline, if your interested in getting one, check out the Exige and m250 versions, both are really good, well recommended

Paul

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
paul/666

so what made you change then?
I am a fan of the elise and the way it handles and have often wondered about looking into one as I do so few miles these days...Hence the GTR toy?
Was it the lack of grunt? I like the look of the new ones and the handling is so sharp!

Ta, NLW

·
Registered
150 Posts
Elise

I had an Elise as a company car, fantastic cars they are, just like go-karts on drugs :smokin: Got round to thinking about a new car last summer, but realising the company tax changes I reckoned that I would get shafted if I kept in the company car scheme so I opted out and bought my own car, which happened to be the Skyline.

Both cars are brilliant in their own ways, but I much prefer the Skyline for the sheer raw power. Lotus was great for the radical body design, the rag-top and the fact that it weighs about the same as an egg-box.

My elise was one of the older models (S Reg), it was my only car so I had to suffer the usual elise factors:

* If it's cold outside, it's colder inside

* If it's raining, you need a wetsuit

* If it's been snowing, you've got to scrape the ice off the _inside_ of the windscreen too!

* Damn windows kept popping off the runners (the access points in the door frames are too small to work through)

* Long journeys mean a real sore ass (the kind of uncomfortable feeling you get in the cinema after about 2 hours in the cheap seats). During many a long journey, I'd used to be driving with my ass off the seat just to get the blood circulating again.

But, saying all that, I stuck the car out for a full 18 months which included 2 winters, just goes to show what a fabulous car it really was seen as I have quite a few moans about the car.

But anyway, that's enough Lotus ass kissing, this is a Skyline site after all.

Later,

Paul :smokin:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've had an Elise for two years. Its a brilliant car. Very good for London traffic as its small and as quick as anything out there to 30. It then starts to run out of puff. But for shear fun - its absolutely fab. Would love a 160 or 190 in the future.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nick

I had a norm r plate elsie which i tought was slowwwww...

Then had a 340r which was quick (190) upgrade but had no doors windows roof heater ..............

Then brought a sport 160 which paulGTR now has it was good but money was needed for a skyline!!!

d

ps.

I have a new problem which people that know me will understand!!

I think i have brought a J plate clio for the run around at work (£600) :)

I now am looking for a convertible for me :))))))))))))))))))

what do you think to that guys!!!!!!!!!

i have today looked at a boxter s and TT??

What do you guys think?

d

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers DD

Like the honda dd!!

The problem is u can get them real cheap as imports now a days, still thanks for thinking of me!

u still got those HKS fuel injector things for sale??

thinking of doing some work on the beast before being distraught at the next RR day!!

I am after a good intercooler what would you recommend?

d

·
Registered
773 Posts
Standard Boxter is a nice car but painfully slow to get to its torquier zone. Never driven a Boxter S.

Audi TT 225 is a nice car, with a tuneable (ish) engine, but sloppy gear change. A bit quicker than a standard boxter, but slower than an S.

How about a Lotus 340R? - bargain prices at the moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts