• No, I\'ll be washing my hair..

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spent a day blatting round the Lotus Test Track in Hethel (nr. Norwich) with Bookatrack and it was 'cking good. Alsorts of corner types, speeds and a long 130MPH+ straight, the muts.... All with much better quality tarmac and a noise limit of 103dB so you can run plenty boost..

As a few of you have done BaT events before with good results, a brief discussion with Jonny resulted in an offer of 10 or more Skylines for £125 each (rather that the usual £150). This two-and-a-bit mile piece of tarmac was superb fun, one corner easily taken at over 100 (more if you've the Kahooners for it), another tight, possibly off-camber, low grip tarmac that the Skyline seemed to love - you gotta try it..

If you're interested I'll set it up..

DC

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hethel

One twenty minute session per hour from 9 to 5, with an hour off for lunch.. Sessions for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'm up for it!

Got a job now! Also used to work for Lotus so I know the track's good!

·
Registered
39 Posts
definately interested, but it depends on the date......quite often limited in days off etc. I will keep an eye out, if I can I will!

Nick

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Track

Interest looks a bit thin at the mo. 'Enery, Paul, Ged and the rest of the crazy gang, is the distance putting you off? It's really not that far!

15 Skylines and we could probably have our own Skyline session.... Hmmm 15 RB26's all at once, a symphony!

DC

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I fancy it!

Subject to it being a Sunday I can do and also the track being more like a motor racing circuit than airfields I have an interest.

...Ian

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hethel

Ian,

there are a couple of Saturday dates we could probably get on to at Book-a-Track under the Events Booking Section.

Should we just pick one and go for it.....

You were curious about the circuit, here's a few vids:

Jimbocam Vids of Hethel

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Looked at a few vids.

Looks very tight in places, is it okay run off wise?

I did Goodwood on Monday and that had more run off than that
but still didn't leave much room for mistakes.

..Ian

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Norwich

Used to work there and took my 250bhp front wheel drive Mazda MX6 round it, great fun and YES I will be up for it, if on a weekend as can't get time off, £125-00 is a good price, however it will be £200-00 on fuel !!!!
Keep it on the Black Stuff :smokin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ian,

the circuit is tight in places (the slow bits), the high speed bits are less closed-in. You did want a circuit didn't you?;) It's not as open as Silverston or as tight as the Nurburgring, but I generally find it concentrates the mind.

~D

Anyone care to name a date on the BaT callendar and start booking?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Noise limit?

Dave I had a look at the two dates on the BAT site.. June and Aug, I noticed that they have a static noise test with a limit of 102 db! Could you tell me at what revs the test takes place?

I was asked for 3/4 of the red line (6000 rpm) at Goodwood last month and scraped on at 104 db on a 105 limit!!

...Ian

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Noise

I believe that the BaT noise tester is a little less agressive than the Goodwood one. I didn't even come close and my car's no shrinking violet.....

There was a notional 102db at Bentwaters, and none of the skylines had a problem. You should be OK, but if you're worried BaT will rent you their noise meter and instructions for a couple of quid well before the event. There is a driveby sensor, at the decel point at the end of the straight (i.e. no problem).

I you're worried e-mail Jonny Leroux at BaT

~D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dave,
I could be interested if it is a weekend.
Last weekend in June and any time in July looks good for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts